Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 03-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
Sithlord32
New Republic

Dark Link ~ F4F ~ First 4 Figures

Since I received this it has made me rather giddy and has drawn me back into the euphoria of awaiting the next episode in The Legend of Zelda video game lineage. I am so pleased with this statue I thought I would do a more in depth look at the statue itself the company and the sculptor.
Released by First 4 Figures in 2011 Dark link comes from the epic Zelda game:Ocarina of Time. He is the mini boss in The water temple. He is Link's doppelganger a evil version of, or rather the dark side of Link.

Link was sculpted by Goran Sadojevichwhom is also responsible for Ganondorf from F4F distributed by Sideshow
Collectibles.

Product Details
Title: Dark Link
License: Nintendo/The Legend of Zelda
ES/EX (edition size): 2,500 (exclusive edition size): 725
Scale: 1:6
Composition: Fully sculpted & painted polystone
Dimensions: 12" H (304.8mm) x 9.5" W (241.3mm) x 9.5" L (241.3mm)
Product Weight: 8.00 lbs (3.63 kg)
Manufacturer: First 4 Figures
MSRP (USD): $189.99 (EX) $169.99 (REG)
Design: Goran Sadojevich
Sculpt: Goran Sadojevich
Paint: Goran Sadojevich

Being a fan of the antagonists in most films, games, books etc, Dark link should feel right at home in anyone's collection of villains and makes the perfect companion piece to the Zora Tunic Link also from F4F.

This statue is really a masterpiece in aspect. The pose leaves nothing to be desired in any terms. Though simple it may seem in comparison to other detail oriented statues available on the market today the detail here does not fall short on any mark. Its design is executed with no lack of integrity.

From Link himself to His Hyrulian shield and the famed Master sword with scabbard. Every small detail is captured in both sculpt and paint. The shadows flow seamlessly in fluidity with the light source and the shadowy tones of Dark Link's ensemble.

The base itself is complementary to the piece with its top mimicking the surface of the shallow water from the fight in the game with sand granules lying beneath to complete the illusion.

The pieces fit seamlessly and solidly together with no fuss. F4F also offers a card to register your pieces so if you wish to collect in the same product line your statue edition numbers will correlate which is pretty awesome.

Standing approximately 12" tall and 9 1/2" at the base he solid and balanced with no worries of tipping. I have had mine out for sometime and I see no issues of leaning or sagging on any part of the statue.

I highly recommend this statue and F4F to anyone who is a fan of statues in general, a must have for any Zelda enthusiast. Hopefully we will see more from F4F is the Legend of Zelda line in the future.

Summary

Sculpt: 10
I can not find a single flaw. Every detail and proportion is captured accurately in every aspect.

Paint & Mixed Media: 10
Though it is mostly monotone in appearance there are several layers of low lights that build just the right amount of shadow tone throughout the statue.
Everything flows smoothly and fluidly with no blotches or over gathering of tones.

Design: 10
Goran got it right on the money here. This couldn't be a more solid piece in terms of design. The overall presence and feel of the statue and the representation of the character is outstanding. The EX has a light up feature for the base and Dark links eyes which I wish I had as it would make this perfection.

Production & Build Quality: 10
No factory issues involved in this piece. Production quality was at 100% when they put this out. The piece is a solid build and every so easy to fit together. All the pieces fit seamlessly and tightly as they should.

OVERALL: 10
The only thing that could improve this statue in my opinion is if you own the EX edition over the REG edition. The light up features would just make this piece shine all the more. Hope you enjoyed the review may the tri-force be with you in your quest to obtain this great Piece of pop and video game culture.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Great piece, Sithlord and nice review.

I have never been a fan of Zelda but I am sure that plenty people would be happy and pleased with this piece. Good job!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Great piece, Sithlord and nice review.

I have never been a fan of Zelda but I am sure that plenty people would be happy and pleased with this piece. Good job!
Thanks!
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote