Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #851
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't see it being Nebula controlling the gauntlet. It has to be someone fairly strong and invulnerable. We see how much "pain" Thanos goes through when he puts a gem on the gauntlet so if it could hurt him, imagine what it could do to Nebula.
Nebula was a corpse caught between living and dead when she seized control of the gauntlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Whatever the explanation for the Hulk’s characterization in the movie, it failed on-screen for me. Hulk came across as scared and cowardly and completely unwilling to help his fellow Avengers in the ultimate fight he was needed for. I certainly hope that the next movie does a really good job spinning this into something that is a palatable answer to the question of why the Hulk is afraid. The Hulk/Banner power struggle doesn’t work much for me as the Hulk would eventually come out and fight. It looks like there are deleted scenes where Hulk does break out of the HB armor which just leaves me wondering even more why they scrapped the idea. The Loki idea has some potential but seems more like a fan plot explanation. If it is Loki, it would totally explain why the Hulk was afraid.
My assumption was that it was meant to be a build up to when he finally emerges but it totally felt out of character.

I don't know where they'll go with it but I'm pretty sure no explanation is going to make it work for me. Being mad about Banner using him as a weapon seems very weak to me.

The Loki theory has to many holes.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #852
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
The Loki theory has to many holes.
too many, theres no way its plausible
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #853
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Nebula was a corpse caught between living and dead when she seized control of the gauntlet.
Yes, but in the comics it wasn't specified as to who could or could not wield the stones. It's been established in the MCU that mortals cannot hold an Inifinity Stone. In Guardians of the Galaxy Ronan is perplexed by Quill's ability to hold the Power Stone since he assumed he was merely mortal. Nova Prime suggests it was Quill's unique DNA that allowed him to hold it without dying. And we all know why his DNA is different.

Now, is Nebula completely mortal? That I don't know since I don't believe they have specified her origin. However, if she is she should not be able to even hold one stone, let alone a gauntlet that has six.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #854
adee
Green Arrow

But the gauntlet was specifically made to be able to hold the stones. That's the only reason Thanos is able to do so.

I just think Nebula should be the one being she's suffered most by his hand and it's in line with the original story.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #855
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
But the gauntlet was specifically made to be able to hold the stones. That's the only reason Thanos is able to do so.
The film states the gauntlet was created to harness and control the stones. Not so the stones could be safely held by anyone. That said I don't believe the films state why Thanos is inherently special either.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #856
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:

I just think Nebula should be the one being she's suffered most by his hand and it's in line with the original story.
The father-daughter relation between Nebula, Gamorra and Thanos will definitely come into play. To what extend, we do not know. However, I’m inclined to believe that it will give the heroes a vantage point. After all, from those who were left, no one knows Thanos better than Nebula.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #857
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
If it is Loki, it would totally explain why the Hulk was afraid.
If it is Loki, it is not Hulk. It wouldn't be as if Loki had replaced Banner only. Hulk would be elsewhere along with Banner, unless Loki possessed Banner instead of just impersonating him, which I don't think is something he's done in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
But there's still no need for him to do it. He's wearing the armor because it's been established that the Hulk isn't coming out to play. If someone kept bugging him about when he's going to change, it would make sense, but that wasn't the case.
A good charade is a good charade!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #858
Shoo
Hercules

Sorry, double post.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:11 PM   #859
Augen
Metal Men

Bit bummed to read Sif was

A. Alive somewhere
B. Killed by the finger snap

"The Russo brothers confirmed an extensive list of deceased characters, who also crumbled to ash when Thanos snapped his fingers. Counted among the departed are Bruce Banner’s one-time girlfriend Betty Ross, Thor’s fellow Asgardian warrior Lady Sif..."

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #860
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
because everybody is listening to his coms
In the middle of fierce fighting, with the most impt objective being giving Shuri enough time to destroy the Mind Stone, no one was paying attention to Banner talking to himself.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote