Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Which XM piece would you purchase? (Only one choice)
XM STUDIOS - WOLVERINE (YELLOW) 7 13.21%
XM STUDIOS - THANOS 46 86.79%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Buying Question : Wolverine or Thanos & Why?

Hello everyone! As some of you guys know i have been intrigued by XM-Studios for their fresh new art style and take on some of our favorite characters as forum member and friend Viper turned me on to this wonderful company, thats right Viper you turned me on And now I'm hooked and am more excited for new XM pieces than i am of other companies and will be investing into a newer company but due to lack of funds and that i have no XM pieces in hand i can't put too much coin in one pot yet but if my first two pieces turn out amazing i will be all in and investing lots of my time and money with this XM-STUDIOS company….

Anymatter, i have to make a decision, and soon…. I have Magneto on order but will only probably be able to order one more this year, which I've narrowed my choices down to Wolverine (Yellow) or Thanos…

Im really caught between which one i like more and which one i think i may be able to get a little cheaper down road on secondary market haha because I love them both but can't purchase both of them and i know they will both probably sell out day one on both fronts so if you guys could only buy one which one would you guys buy and why? And also which one do you guys think will be more bang for my bucks, display options, switch out pieces and change of heads ect...

Thanks for your help…..

Edit: Was thinking since i have Magneto on order that Wolverine would look really cool next to him but Thanos would look cool next to Mags as well, decisions decisions!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

I would go for Thanos because I think he will be more expensive in the secondary market and there will be another Wolverine (Brown version) once the Disney/Fox issue is settled, so you will still have a go at an XM Wolvie at retail.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
keewan
Death is hereditary.

I think you can get Wolverine for cheaper down the road. There are other Wolverine options in the market right now, and there will be more for sure (everyone is expecting a couple brown Wolverine). Another factor is shipping, if someone brought a Thanos, it cost them more to ship to them if it's Hulk size, it cost me over $300 USD to ship to me from Singapore, you will pay for that mark up at least plus shipping to you.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
They are both really tough to choose between. But in the end Thanos would be the one....if you can even get one. There should be another Wolverine maybe sometime later down the road from XM (brown and yellow hopefully).

Alejandro P killed this Thanos, Hawkeye and Hulk. He did all three! Wow I love this guy's work.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

No doubt about it stone, A.P. is a master at his craft! He murdered that ARH Medusa!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

LOL at turning you on. I would go with Thanos hands down. There will never be a 1/4 scale Thanos done this well with all the switch out parts and at the level of detail and QC that XM puts into their pieces. Once Thanos sells out he will be very expensive on the secondary market.

Good luck. Sarah. Glad to have have you on board this wild XM ride with us.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
They are both really tough to choose between. But in the end Thanos would be the one....if you can even get one. There should be another Wolverine maybe sometime later down the road from XM (brown and yellow hopefully).

Alejandro P killed this Thanos, Hawkeye and Hulk. He did all three! Wow I love this guy's work.
I can't believe that the same guy did Thanos and Hulk. Thanos is about a billion times better than Hulk. That being said I'd get Thanos. Wolverine looks great but Thanos is just epic.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #8
wanderlai
The Tick

Thanos. You'll have more Wolverine' s coming at some point.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

everyone will have their own opinion but i think what really matters is what your collection needs are at the moment...take a look at what you have and where you want to go...then ask yourself which one fits best

cause lets be honest...these are not cheap for us North American collectors

i have the Sideshow Wolverine...so even though i love XM's version, i don't feel compelled to buy it...villains (Marvel/DC) and anything JL are high priorities for me right now
so Thanos it is
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Although XM Studios Wolverine is the best I've ever seen, there's enough of them out there at 1/4. Especially that of the blue/yellow. For the money that collectors are spending on the Sideshow PF and the SS Comi , you're just better off spending the extra money to get this one. It'll eventually surpass, be more in demand, and be worth more than both Sideshow versions combined. XM's quality assurance alone will make this happen. All that detail, metal claws, three head sculpts, and a giant Sentinal head to perch it on? It can't and won't be beat. At least not by Sideshow. XM's Wolverine is even better than SS's 1/2 scale Wolverine. Sorry SS fanboys.

However, in the case against XM's own Thanos 1/4? I'd go with Thanos. Just not enough of them out there at that scale. Besides a lame custom, there's only one out there that can really compete with XM's and that's obviously SS's version. And honestly, it can't touch this one. Again, for the money collectors are paying for the Sideshow version, you're better off spending the extra money to get this one, because again, it'll eventually surpass, be more in demand, and it'll be worth more than the SS Thanos. With the unmatched quality control, all that size, detail, switch out parts, and three head sculpts standing on a giant base of skulls? Good God SSJ, what are you waiting for?

I love collecting villains...mainly because they make more of an impact than heroes do to me, and I love that. Just like heroes, you never ever forget 'em. This is one villain you can't miss out on...especially this version of him. Even compared to XM's own Wolverine, he'll be more in demand and will be worth more. Get Thanos.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote