Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #11
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Not at all, have to take into account that Captain America was their first statue and at the time XM was not that well known.

You also have to take into account that other companies have made like 3-4 Captain Americas over the last couple years so people were hesitant to spend $700+ for another Capt.... I think this is the same problem with Hulk, there was probably like 5 or 6 Hulks on the market so it was pretty crowded.

I think where things turned around for XM was after they started shipping Captain America and word of mouth started going around from collectors about how high quality these statues actually were, people slowly started taking notice of XM... Not to mention the interaction XM has with their customers, taking their concerns and if they make sense actually modifying their statue for the better... That's pretty much unheard of from other companies.

Then they brought out their big guns with Magneto and Phoenix and hype meter went through the roof. Especially after Magneto sold out within a day. Now people are afraid their going to miss out so they order much more quickly now....

I could possibly see Ant-Man taking few months to sell out but I said the same thing about Hawkeye and he sold out in a few weeks... so I don't know at this point... It does seem like anything XM makes is selling quickly... I think it will only get worse as more collectors keep discovering XM..

Great post my freind!!
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #12
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'm still in search of the Magneto, so I hope some pop back up for sale after people get sticker shock from the bill for the full price.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #13
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

No fake sellouts with XM. They don't roll like that. Once a piece is sold out, it's gonna stay sold out.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #14
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Built your exactly right about fear of possibly not getting a piece so even though prices are high people are still ordering because they don't want to miss their xm characters they want!!

Best strategy for XM to have day one pre order sell outs is either list and make 1:4 scale statues of the Top tier A list characters, OR design character that hasn't been released or created yet, ( Magneto and Thanos ) OR BOTH qualifications and have unrealesed Top Tier A List Character! Simple business economics of supply and demand right der righ derrr....

You had a collectible that is one of if not top villain of all time and he hasn't been made in 1:4 scale by other companies so hence why Magneto was near instant sell out!! Thanos will be NO DIFFERENT, trust me collectors he will be sold out very very quickly!

Can not wait to get my XM masterpieces:

1.) Magneto

2.) Wolverine (Yellow/Comic)

3.) Thanos

Freaking can't wait! Those are all going to be masterpieces and anyone owning any if those is / are lucky collectors!! We have lots to be thankful and excited about buoys and ladies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
I'm still in search of the Magneto, so I hope some pop back up for sale after people get sticker shock from the bill for the full price.
Yeah but trust me mostly everyone I've talked to is saving a little each week or like me quite a bit each month so when the time comes they will have the money because no one is going to want to miss this or any of the XM products!!

But most likely there will be few people that cancel like any other product so if you guys want products check every day on the hour around the clock around shipping time at each retailer or e-seller and one or two of you may get lucky!!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #15
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I don't think there will be very many collectors canceling their XM orders. Everyone I am aware of, except BBTS, requires a deposit when the order is placed so if a collector cancels, they run the risk of losing their deposit.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #16
AllThatExist666
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Talking

They should make AP magento's & I get first dibs
since is my idea
AllThatExist666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #17
Rooper
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I just don't see these statue truly selling out giving the price tag of these regardless how low the Es or detail of these statues are. It would be interested to see if they do pop back up for sale once they start shipping.
If they pop back up, it'll probably be related to payment issues (or possibly even cancellations) rather than "new" stock. As mentioned already in this thread, true cancellations will probably be rare due to the deposit paid. But I can see people running into financial issues forcing their hand
Rooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #18
xenopus
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Thirdly, it's really not that expensive there. And Singapore has #1 or #2 highest living standard in the world, it's very expensive to live there, so what you consider high isn't always true for people who live somewhere else.
Haha. Rest assured that I also find it quite expensive even though I am a Singaporean. But I like the fact XM studios priced their work at a higher price to make collecting their statue more exclusive. Apply for any kind of collection, I believe. For my other hobby of collecting magic prop, I only goes for those limited releases prop which can goes into hundreds, if not, thousand of dollars in USD. This practise is good for serious collectors.
xenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #19
traylorc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I just don't see these statue truly selling out giving the price tag of these regardless how low the Es or detail of these statues are. It would be interested to see if they do pop back up for sale once they start shipping.
IMHO the folks purchasing statues at this price point likely spend thousands of dollars annually on their collectibles. Statue prices have been climbing over the past few years, and even in down economy we see folks spending $2,000+ on 1/2 scale offerings. Therefore I'm just not finding it impossible to think that folks would not be willing to spend $700 - $1,000 on statues that they believe to be a) high quality b) limited quantity c) based on some of the most popular Marvel heroes and/or franchises d) purchased from a company that prides itself in putting the customer first.

Secondly, I have seen many people indicate that in order to purchase multiple XM pieces they have "re-evaluated" their collectibles budgets. Folks have elected to budget a larger percentage of their 2014 & 2015 disposable income to XM products. This may likely involve canceling existing pre-orders in order to free up those funds for XM purchases.

Finally, I would not be surprised if a number of collectors sell off portions of their existing collections in order to fund future XM purchases. Personally, in the past couple of months I have sold off various statues I no longer wanted, in addition to some photography equipment I was no longer using, to the tune of about $5,000. I won't necessarily use all of that on XM products (I hope...lol), but at least I know that I have the cash available to cover my XM fix.

At the end of the day...let's not forget that we are talking about edition runs of 500 - 900 pieces. Given the world wide popularity of the collectible industry, I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that XM's offerings are actually sold out.
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #20
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenopus View Post
Haha. Rest assured that I also find it quite expensive even though I am a Singaporean. But I like the fact XM studios priced their work at a higher price to make collecting their statue more exclusive. Apply for any kind of collection, I believe. For my other hobby of collecting magic prop, I only goes for those limited releases prop which can goes into hundreds, if not, thousand of dollars in USD. This practise is good for serious collectors.
So your saying you like having collectibles crazy crazy high?? What are you a corporate spy>???

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote