Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-15-2024, 12:15 AM   #51
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Capcom never has a problem in creating and providing sexually provocative "things" in their products. But it's their in-house (and perpetually owner created!) ethics department that censor things up with cut off camera angles and recolored skins that covers up... the bare skin... of their female characters, lol
statues are the wild west, they pretend to care about the censoring crap when it comes to the games or shows but at the end of the day they'll still allow the sluttiest statues to be made because they know it sells and the folks that pretend to care about it in games don't pay attention to the statue/figure world.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:34 AM   #52
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
statues are the wild west, they pretend to care about the censoring crap when it comes to the games or shows but at the end of the day they'll still allow the sluttiest statues to be made because they know it sells and the folks that pretend to care about it in games don't pay attention to the statue/figure world.
And yet NetherRealm...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 02:01 AM   #53
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
She wasn't really "censored." It was just that the taunt was re-framed out of view by changing the camera angle, which they also did to Chun and Cammy during their fight intros. Chun used to start with a low crotch shot, and Cammy originally had the camera angle placed under her butt while she was crouching.

A real censor, though, was Mika's original finisher where instead of her opponents landing on their head with their legs doing a full split, it was changed into their legs only kinda spreading apart. Another censor was Juri's default costume where she originally had a bare chest under her coat that Capcom re-skined to look like she had a black shirt underneath. It's harder to find pics of Juri's original skin since you can find all sorts of mod pics that took out all of the black of her entire outfit to recreate the original look. But if you can find a pic that has no shirt that also still has the black part of her pants on, then that's an original screen grab from the beta build.

So, like said, Capcom is always willing to design something adult. But, again, it's their own created ethics department that scales everything back.

Moving it out out of frame is definitely censoring it :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 02:25 AM   #54
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Let us thank Professor DiscoCougar for teaching Capcom Censorship History 101...the pics are nice for visual learners
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 02:51 AM   #55
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Let us thank Professor DiscoCougar for teaching Capcom Censorship History 101...the pics are nice for visual learners
Their history of misprinting materials is a lot more interesting. From misprinting the cover spine text for resident evil revelaitons, to misspelling their own company name in a trailer, culminating to the legendary Okami cover misprint.

Every single copy of the Okami Wii release has IGN watermarks all over (it's a lot easier to see in person and it's all over the front and back not just that one spot).

Lord knows exactly what happened but maybe they had trouble finding a high res copy internally so decided to go to google images and take the first result they could get (it wasn't particularly high res either). Capcom: king of not having their ---- together :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 02:52 AM   #56
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Where's my damn apple?!
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM   #57
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Their history of misprinting materials is a lot more interesting.
Fascinating, you deserve at least an adjunct professorship

Quote:
Where's my damn apple?!
Careful what you wish for

Real Genius Exploding Apple
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:24 AM   #58
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

I just spotted, Chun-Li has 4 weights either side of the bar, causing the bar to bend considerably.

Cammy only has 2 weights either side of the bar, meaning her bar does not bend.
It implies Cammy is weaker than Chun-Li.
I also wondered, maybe the arms on the statue could not support the additional 4 weights?
PCS could have made the weights of lighter material to counter act the issue, assuming there was an issue?

Is Chun-Li's bar bending too much?

I found this, which offers another possible for a future pose in the line.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:34 AM   #59
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Man I would love to see a Juri statue finally made. One of the most iconic chars in the series, but gets no love from statue makers.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:43 AM   #60
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I just spotted, Chun-Li has 4 weights either side of the bar, causing the bar to bend considerably.

Cammy only has 2 weights either side of the bar, meaning her bar does not bend.
It implies Cammy is weaker than Chun-Li.
I also wondered, maybe the arms on the statue could not support the additional 4 weights?
PCS could have made the weights of lighter material to counter act the issue, assuming there was an issue?

Is Chun-Li's bar bending too much?
The weights are commensurate with the exercises. Chun is doing a barbell back squat. Cammy is doing a snatch. It's typical that one can do heavier squats than snatch. The weight is resting on your shoulders for a squat, while a snatch requires you to lift the weight overhead.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote