Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2024, 03:59 PM   #91
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I COMPLETELY understand the type of anime fan he's talking about. That's pretty much a 'weeboo'. I'm not sure that's the majority of anime fans though.

I'm aware there's a huge market for some pretty disgusting anime statues too... but that's not mainstream (US fans, at least).
I see these stores selling these and a bunch of pusheen plushies at some malls, and they do attract a certain...type. But I dont see the overlap on here, you just dont see them in peoples collections that collect mainstream stuff. Though you do see video game pieces in peoples collections. Its just a much smaller subset.

Myself, I dont see the interest in a lot of those video game properties, but have been interested in a few.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:06 PM   #92
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I see these stores selling these and a bunch of pusheen plushies at some malls, and they do attract a certain...type. But I dont see the overlap on here, you just dont see them in peoples collections that collect mainstream stuff. Though you do see video game pieces in peoples collections. Its just a much smaller subset.

Myself, I dont see the interest in a lot of those video game properties, but have been interested in a few.
I'm defending both genres, but maybe I'm not quite the typical collector of both, either.

Most of my video game collection is from one property - Street Fighter. Not more recent properties. I have trouble seeing how a lot of recent stuff is popular. It's like 'impulse buy' product in a checkout aisle to me. It's fresh in your memory. I'm mainly nostalgia-driven - and that usually comes from teenage years.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 11:42 PM   #93
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

A masterpiece.Congratulation to Sideshow development team.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:53 PM   #94
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Looking around FB, IG, here, and 2 or so other forums, this seems to be mostly lauded. The only gripes I've seen so far are "head kinda small" and "likeness is spot-on at some angles and doppelganger at others, limiting display options."

I kind of agree with both, but the only angle where the likeness dips IMO is looking up from below, which I can't imagine a lot of people doing.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote