Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #21
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
If you paid a deposit and have a receipt, it's counts as a contract. Ask for them to bring the statue back as you booked it first. Sure the subsequent buyer bought it, and it may have been at a higher price, but you paid a deposit first, and the seller has an obligation to fulfill /honor that commitment.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 AM   #22
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
If you paid a deposit and have a receipt, it's counts as a contract. Ask for them to bring the statue back as you booked it first. Sure the subsequent buyer bought it, and it may have been at a higher price, but you paid a deposit first, and the seller has an obligation to fulfill /honor that commitment.
Is that possible?
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #23
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletn@mac.co View Post
Is that possible?

If you take them to court, perhaps. However, it might take as long as two years to have your case heard. Who knows what can happen to the statue in the interim.

Otherwise, you're at the mercy of the store owner's discretion and time. Also, unless the fellow who now has your piece is regular customer, it might be hard to find him, even if he paid via a credit card. I suppose it's up to you to decide how far you're willing to go to get a Batman statue and save $50. Mu thinking is you may be asked not to return to the store if the owner feels pushed, even if he deserves it.

IMO, let this one go. Another one will pop up eventually.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #24
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
If you take them to court, perhaps. However, it might take as long as two years to have your case heard. Who know what can happen to the statue in the interim.

Otherwise, you're at the mercy of the store owner's discretion and time. Also, unless the fellow is regular customer, it might be hard to find him, even if he paid via a credit card. I suppose it's up to you to decide how far you're willing to go to get a Batman statue and save $50. Mu thinking is you may be asked not to return to the store if the owner feels pushed, even if he deserves it.

IMO, let this one go. Another one will pop up eventually.
Honestly, it was never even a consideration to do that. I don't have that kind of nerve. However, It's not saving $50. I know it's on ebay occasionally for a good deal, but for a mint condition statue it's usually fetching upwards of $400-500.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #25
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletn@mac.co View Post
Honestly, it was never even a consideration to do that. I don't have that kind of nerve. However, It's not saving $50. I know it's on ebay occasionally for a good deal, but for a mint condition statue it's usually fetching upwards of $400-500.
Triple, this is what I say to myself whenever I miss out on something... There will always be another statue or piece of original art you will want just as much (or more).
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #26
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

This one ended yesterday.

Batman museum: statue 280620682684 Finger repaired
Old 02-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #27
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
This one ended yesterday.

Batman museum: statue 280620682684 Finger repaired
I was watching that one, but when I asked the seller for close up pics of the finger, the ones he sent me had a bad glare, and he wouldn't send better pics. I was going to pull the trigger, but didn't get to bid on time. I'm not mad or bitter, I'll get this piece eventually. However, this does show that a damaged piece went for $305., mint would probably go higher.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That does suck. Good luck finding another. These do show up from time to time but as you stated finding one mint is difficult. I was lucky enough to get mine from a fellow forum member for a great price. If you're patient enough you'll get another opportunity.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote