Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #911
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
If shipping is that much it would be in customer interest to go through local shop. Losing out on reward points and paying sales tax is that much less than shipping it becomes more appealing. Only negative is local shops tend to not get EX versions.
I've never seen a local shop that carries Prime 1, at least not in the metro area I live in.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #912
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Would anyone know how much this weighs?
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #913
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's really impossible for anyone to know because it's still a while away from being shipped and nothing has been updated on the site(s.)

"A lot" is a fair assumption lol. It will surely be the heaviest of all the Hush pieces.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #914
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
So onto my question. I jumped on the waitlist pretty late. Is it possible this shipping price will cause a lot of people to reconsider?
That's a yes for me. I really want this, but I was already feeling the pain from the huge shipping cost for the two Joker 1/3 P1 statues. If this ends up being double that, then I'm probably out. I can't see WHY it would need to be that much, beyond P1 just not wanting to split up product across multiple boxes any longer. I am sure the Joker statues would've been cheaper to ship had they been in two boxes rather than one super large one (since my 1:2 scale statues were shipped for less than the 1:3 Jokers).
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #915
mva5580

I have the sculpted version on PO at Sideshow, but I'm probably going to cancel it.

It's an amazing piece, but since I'm very likely getting the DKR Superman I just don't see the reason for me to have 2 1/3 Superman's that are essentially the same costume. Still waiting/hoping on seeing the black variant of this though, because that one I may actually buy.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #916
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It's really impossible for anyone to know because it's still a while away from being shipped and nothing has been updated on the site(s.)

"A lot" is a fair assumption lol. It will surely be the heaviest of all the Hush pieces.
Yes, just had an idea of maybe putting it on a wall shelf but Superman + other statues might pass the weight limit... I emailed Prime 1 but will probably just have to wait until they put it on the site...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:06 PM   #917
BrandonJF

Sideshow is really excited that this is shipping early. I've received 4 e-mails about it so far.

And I guess I won't be cancelling no matter what the shipping cost is.... I forgot I used $200 in RP on this.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #918
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Sideshow is really excited that this is shipping early. I've received 4 e-mails about it so far.

And I guess I won't be cancelling no matter what the shipping cost is.... I forgot I used $200 in RP on this.
Which version do you have on order? Fabric or Sculpt cape? I'm going to guess fabric.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #919
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Which version do you have on order? Fabric or Sculpt cape? I'm going to guess fabric.
Yep.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #920
mva5580

Yeah I haven't seen any emails yet and I've got the sculpted, probably just takes a bit longer on that one.