Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #21
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I Think Nolan nailed it perfectly in both his movies and makes for great entertainment,It could not have been done any better,I suspect if it was upto the "Real Fans" we would have got some cheesy crap straight out of the older movies.

I'm glad he took a darker grittier more real world outlook as opposed to having a super thermal underwear in his utility belt.Batman has been a joke for so many years glad someone took him seriously.
I couldn't have said it any better myself!

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:57 AM   #22
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't judge other peoples tastes or collections, nor do I bother about anyone who may judge mine. I collect what I personally like and what I personally enjoy. I don't do it for validation, I don't do it for future value, I do it for my own personal satisfaction, and as an artistic expression of part of who I am. And anyone who can't understand or appreciate that much, or who looks down their nose at me or what I choose to collect, well, frankly, such people aren't even worth my time.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #23
awesome-x
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
I don't judge other peoples tastes or collections, nor do I bother about anyone who may judge mine. I collect what I personally like and what I personally enjoy. I don't do it for validation, I don't do it for future value, I do it for my own personal satisfaction, and as an artistic expression of part of who I am. And anyone who can't understand or appreciate that much, or who looks down their nose at me or what I choose to collect, well, frankly, such people aren't even worth my time.
awesome-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #24
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't really think "That movie was rubbish why are you buying stuff from it?" because movies like AVP:R for instance weren't very good at all but the stuff like the 1:1 Predalien bust and the Wolf Predators Mask etc are very very cool collectables.

What annoys me more is when someone buys what is clearly a bad sculpt or bad paints, but has to defend the product because of the cash they put down on it ( usualy custom stuff ), sometimes its ok to admit a statue or bust isn't very good.

But at the end of the day its your money, your tastes. It down to the buyer at the end of the day and as long as you yourself are happy nothing else really matters.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote