Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #2191
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywst View Post
Ok he actually successfully transfered it. I now see it in my account with the correct number.

So does that basically guarantee it's real?
Those numbers are unique. Unless he basically burned the number for a real statue by putting it on a recast, it should be legitimate.

If you’ve got legit packaging, art print, and a serial number, it’s probably real.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #2192
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywst View Post
Hi guys sorry for such a lateish post on this thread. I recently purchased a venom statue and have a feeling that it may be a recast. The packaging and everything (artprint, instructions) were on par with all other XM pieces I own but the statue itself is a bit off. If any of you guys could help me out and let me know if you you have experienced any of the same problems I have listed below that would be very helpful.

The only reason why I am questioning if it is a recast is because there were quite a few paint flaws/scuffs on it. In addition to that the statue is a bit wobbly. By that I mean the whole statue including the base is not perfectly flat and will not actually stand flat on a flat surface (it is slightly off). In addition to that, the sticker that is placed on the bottom of the statue (that says all the copyright info, brand names, edition number, etc. was not cut out perfectly and on one side of the base actually sticks out a bit. Also the pieces (especially the body to the base) were kinda hard to slide in which I feel like is a bit uncharacteristic of XM pieces.

The other two XM pieces I own did not have any of these problems so thats why I'm worried. Right no I'm trying to get the previous owner to transfer ownership of the piece to me on XMs website bc he claims to have it registered under his account.

I've attached some pictures to hopefully make my descriptions make more sense.
if the packaging and the registration is legit then its 100% legit. My XM Venom has similar paint flaws as yours, but they are minor IMO. I have several XM pieces and if I look closely at them they all have a few flaws, but this is expected with every statue. I'm not sure why people continue to believe XM pieces are 100% flawless...
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #2193
nywst
Doh!

Ok thanks for your advice!
nywst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #2194
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
if the packaging and the registration is legit then its 100% legit. My XM Venom has similar paint flaws as yours, but they are minor IMO. I have several XM pieces and if I look closely at them they all have a few flaws, but this is expected with every statue. I'm not sure why people continue to believe XM pieces are 100% flawless...
Agreed and also...you might want to try and use a #2 eraser on that white part on the arm...unless that is paint flaking...in which case you don't want to do that.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #2195
CWalker
The Avengers

CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:36 PM   #2196
CWalker
The Avengers

Playing around with lighting tonight

CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #2197
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

@CWalker: nice picture!!

Made a custom base for myself cause I dont like the clock base personally. Also customed the skin of Veno (more structure on skin) and repainted the whole statue. Got a light flip-flop effect from black into dark blue and purple. Not easy to catch in pictures. Finally closed the gap on the tongue head at mouth and neck to body connection. YES, I only use the tongue head.
Will post pictures later.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:03 PM   #2198
punisher2000

This is not a criticism of the VENOM version of XM, this is my personal interpretation of the statue and my idea of ​​an outstanding statue in my personal variant.
THANK YOU to XM for this great statue and the awakening of my passion!

What have I changed?

* Provide skin structure with even more pores and structures and thus create a Symbiontskinvariant, as I understand it
* Flip-flop color effect, in the basic feature is statue black like tar deep black and wet shiny
* The cleft at the head is removed and the tongue head firmly mounted. Neck gap closed
* Various columns on the transition palate, teeth, corners of the mouth closed with apoxia and repainted
* Classic NY Base with gargoyle and side-mounted symbiont
* Symbiont tongue renewed and redesigned

Enjoy the Punisher2000 VENOM:

Old 05-11-2019, 04:07 PM   #2199
punisher2000

Old 05-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #2200
punisher2000

edit... double post :-/ dont know why ...