Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #21
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

And another unexpected preorder from BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produc...nDetails/72974
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #22
dao2
Cyclops

sweet!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #23
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Beautifully done. Wish I knew more about the three kingdoms. I just know a bit about Monkey King.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:14 AM   #24
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I know nothing about this character but I had to order it. It's such a stunning piece. So much for my Marvel only rule.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:19 AM   #25
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The only reason I know about this person, and others, is because I played Dynasty Warriors! I say person, because these are real life historic people, I believe.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:36 AM   #26
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Dynasty Warriors is how I know of them too, though I have read The Romance of the Three Kingdoms as well
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #27
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegalactus View Post
I know nothing about this character but I had to order it. It's such a stunning piece. So much for my Marvel only rule.
Basically it's a real historical period after the Han dynasty collapsed. There was a lot of war between the Wei, Shu, and Wu until China was unified again with the Jin dynasty (IIRC). Then it's been taken and changed into varying levels of fantasy by novels/comics/games/movies. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is the most famous rendition I believe, dynasty warriors is pretty well known among western gamers. So basically it's a real time period that has been heavily romanticized and also depending on the what's using it is anywhere between high and low fantasy to an accurate real life description.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #28
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Basically it's a real historical period after the Han dynasty collapsed. There was a lot of war between the Wei, Shu, and Wu until China was unified again with the Jin dynasty (IIRC). Then it's been taken and changed into varying levels of fantasy by novels/comics/games/movies. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is the most famous rendition I believe, dynasty warriors is pretty well known among western gamers. So basically it's a real time period that has been heavily romanticized and also depending on the what's using it is anywhere between high and low fantasy to an accurate real life description.
Interesting, thank you. I'm going to do some more research into this.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:19 AM   #29
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
if you like bioware games they made one called jade empire that took inspiration from three kingdoms stuff
Old 04-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #30
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
IF you go to my channel on youtube (shameless plug mode activated ) you'll find reviews of Zhao Yun & Ma Chao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvljDv2pUSs Zhao Yun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2sTw5amtoU&t Ma Chao

These statues are based on the video game called "Iron Knight" which is a chinese MMORPG. But as other have said the characters from game to game remain the same and usually have defining features such as Zhao Yun being a spear user, Machao with the dragon helm etc....

Dynasty Warriors goes more into a fantasy style while Iron Knights designs are pretty grounded ( even though Zhao is standing on a dragons head ).

If you find the Three Kingdoms wiki and just go from there you will be introduced into a wealth of books, Manhua, Manga, anime, TV, Film and videogames all with there own unique takes on the Three Kingdoms...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote