Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a XM Studios Shocker statue?
Yes!!!!! 23 39.66%
Maybe. It depends on the final product. 9 15.52%
Who is Shocker? 3 5.17%
No thanks! 23 39.66%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
Khufu
Mephisto

Arrow Are you interested in a XM Studios Shocker statue?

With XM doing such a fantastic job representing Spider-man's rogues gallery, I wanted to check the enthusiasm for a Shocker statue adding to the excellent line-up XM is already working on.

I asked this question in the Q&A thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
Bryan,

Loving the Spider-man line so far... Lizard is my favorite statue of the moment. Any plans to make Shocker or Morbius? Really exited for a Shocker statue to complete my villain line-up! And maybe you can follow-up Morbius with a Blade statue (hint hint nudge nudge wink wink).
Bryan is unsure if Shocker has enough interest to warrant a statue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Yes Lizard's sleeper hit status caught us by surprise as well. We've had a huge list of upcoming characters to run through... but sadly no Shocker or Morbius (but someone similar to Morbius). I think Shocker may have too little fan base for us to commercially pull it off?
I can understand Bryan's point. However, in the XM Electro thread, several folks indicated a strong interest in Shocker, and I think a lot of the Spidey collectors do consider Shocker to be in that main conversation of Spider-man villains. Maybe not Doc Octopus, Green Goblin or Venom level, but easily on the same level as Kraven or Scorpion or Rhino (a bust AND statue?!?).

In addition, Shocker is making an appearance in this summer's Spider-man Homecoming blockbuster!

So, I'm hoping we can convince Bryan that a 500 ES Shocker would be an easy sell. I know there are other villains that we want too like Morbius, Hobgoblin, etc...., and feel free to add those comments here as well. Maybe Bryan/XM will see all those comments as well and we'll get everything on our wishlist!

So, vote for Shocker!!! And here are some sample pics for reference...

Probably his most iconic power pose:

Cover image:

Homecoming Costume & Modern Alternatives:

Personally, I love the OG look. I'd love to have a version like this (minus the headphones lol) with him standing on pavement or the middle of a road.

He'd have swap out alternate arms: a set pointing at the ground in front of him. The road would be getting blown up - think like Sideshow's Red/Green/Grey Hulk Comiquettes. Maybe swap out fists: one with just fists and one with some kind of blast waves like below.

The other set of arms can be drawn back like a punching motion maybe like PCS Mortal Kombat Ninjas but with the fist pointing at the same spot on the ground. Then you can swap fists/arms interchangeably.

Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yes! I really dig this look, I think a set of energy hands would be the best bet for a switch out.

supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Before Bowen folded they had a great design for this character in the works… I would buy it in a heartbeat!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Oh yes don't know him but always thought he looked so cool. Saw him in the early Spider-Man toons. Very cool looking character!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #5
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I just said this in the Electro thread as well, let's get a poll for Hydro Man as well! Him manipulating the water would visually look awesome for a statue! Make it es of 400. It would sell. I know they would knock it out of the park
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #6
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I just said this in the Electro thread as well, let's get a poll for Hydro Man as well! Him manipulating the water would visually look awesome for a statue! Make it es of 400. It would sell. I know they would knock it out of the park

I've always loved this custom of the Bowen Hydro Man bust paired with the Bowen FS Sandman - totally sick. I can only imagine what XM could do with this character.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #7
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

No offence but he's D list villain at best. They still haven't made Green Goblin, Hobgoblin , Rhino, those are major villains. He looks cool but I think you'll be waiting a while if they did
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #8
Khufu
Mephisto

I'd have to agree on who needs to be made before Hydro Man.

Right now, my number want outside of the WIPs (Carnage, Scorpion, etc... is Shocker hence this poll, but my wishlist after that has a mix of villains and Spidey versions.

So after Shocker, I'd like to see in no particular order:

Morbius (not planned per Bryan)
Tombstone
Juggernaut
Hobgoblin
Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)
Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
Venom (Flash Thompson)

I figure most of these have zero chance of being made, but with the small edition sizes possible (388? Namor), there might be a chance for a few of them years down the road. I'd feel pretty safe betting on Hobgoblin and Juggernaut (unless that Fox contract causes an issue).
Old 07-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #9
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post

In addition, Shocker is making an appearance in this summer's Spider-man Homecoming blockbuster!
^^The real reason why this dude is being brought up now.

XM hasn't even made a Green Goblin, a Rhino, a Scorpion, or a Hobgoblin.

They haven't even released their Black Cat, Dr. Octopus, Carnage, or even their own Spider-Man yet.

The only way you'll ever see this guy made right now is if his character blows reviewers, critics, and audience members away.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #10
supermetroid
Teen Titans

They've shown concept art already for GG, Rhino and Scorpion though...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote