Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #11
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sony recently promised to make gaming the main focus of the PS3 and not Blu-Ray, and will work with game developers to make their jobs easier.

Maybe next year if they got their house in order I'll get one, but for now I have no reason to.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #12
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Sony recently promised to make gaming the main focus of the PS3 and not Blu-Ray, and will work with game developers to make their jobs easier.

Maybe next year if they got their house in order I'll get one, but for now I have no reason to.
Same here. I have a PS2 already and it's good enough for now. I'll wait.
Johnneeukca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
Lair has now been put back to november
WHAAA? Are we talking about the dragon game? Cuz that's been out for a while now....
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #14
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The reason games take so long to come out is because the PS3 has completely different architecture in the CPU to the 360 and thus far more complicated to develop for. Sony have never provided many user-friendly tools for developers to use since they started in the console market.

To port a game to the PS3 requires quite a big re-write of code to make it work on the Cell cpu which causes the delays. Like someone above said, Heavenly Sword is an exclusive and so they have not had to make 2 games in effect. Killzone 2 will probably be the same, but i would have though most of the PS3 games will be delayed for at least another 6-12 months, till the developers know how to use the hardware to maximum potential.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
The reason games take so long to come out is because the PS3 has completely different architecture in the CPU to the 360 and thus far more complicated to develop for. Sony have never provided many user-friendly tools for developers to use since they started in the console market.

To port a game to the PS3 requires quite a big re-write of code to make it work on the Cell cpu which causes the delays. Like someone above said, Heavenly Sword is an exclusive and so they have not had to make 2 games in effect. Killzone 2 will probably be the same, but i would have though most of the PS3 games will be delayed for at least another 6-12 months, till the developers know how to use the hardware to maximum potential.
Well said.

And the insane amount of excessive cost will go nowhere but all the consumers(we)...
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

exactly... As The General has been saying all along, Sony just HAVE to make the most expensive (and in the PS3 and blue ray's case, unfinished!) hardware around and until now, people have been willing to pay it. I think Sony has gone too far this time and its not doing them any favours
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #17
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
WHAAA? Are we talking about the dragon game? Cuz that's been out for a while now....
We are so far behind in the uk.
Ratatouille isn't out at the cinemas till later this month and it was in cinemas back in july when i was at SDCC
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #18
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
We are so far behind in the uk.
Ratatouille isn't out at the cinemas till later this month and it was in cinemas back in july when i was at SDCC
just buy a cheap one off ebay and by the time you pay shipping, you've paid retail for it or close to. Then you can brag to all your friends that you have LAIR and "I had to get it imported from the states...its cool though, I import so much stuff from the states, I kind of have a connection..." See! all of a sudden you become 'the cool guy that has everything before everyone else' ..
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #19
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/825/825213p1.html

New 40GB model and price cut.

PS3 games are delayed because blu-ray is new and developers are just learning how to tap the potential. Give it a few years but after they know the ins and outs of Blu-ray PS3 games will be surpassing 360 games in every aspect.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #20
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/825/825213p1.html

New 40GB model and price cut.

PS3 games are delayed because blu-ray is new and developers are just learning how to tap the potential. Give it a few years but after they know the ins and outs of Blu-ray PS3 games will be surpassing 360 games in every aspect.
The delays have NOTHING to do with Blu Ray. About the only thing we'll ever see the extra space on the bd used for is uncompressed cutscenes. They'll use that space, but it's mostly to keep things uncompressed. That's a good thing, to be sure, but anyone who thinks it's going to give us extra content is only setting themselves up for disappointment.

We all know why the development on the PS3 is slow. Cause Sony designed the damn thing. They always make these alien technologies in their systems. Developers WILL figure it out and in 4 or 5 years, will be using the system to it's full potential, but until then, it's going to continue to make developers struggle.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote