Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Note on new model: The new model is no longer backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, reflecting both the reduced emphasis placed on this feature amongst later purchasers of PS3, as well as the availability of a more extensive line-up of PS3 specific titles (a total of 65 titles across all genres by Christmas).

Thats 65 titles by Christmas.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Note on new model: The new model is no longer backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, reflecting both the reduced emphasis placed on this feature amongst later purchasers of PS3, as well as the availability of a more extensive line-up of PS3 specific titles (a total of 65 titles across all genres by Christmas).

Thats 65 titles by Christmas.
Really? Man, I glad I got mine set up when I did then. That sucks.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #23
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I don't see the problem myself. Its a cheap games console with BD 1080p capability. By this time next year there will be over 100 games available. Also i am sure there will be a firmware update to allow PS2 game compatibility down the line.

Last edited by Bullseye; 10-05-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I don't see the problem myself. Its a cheap games console with BD 1080p capability. By this time next year there will be over 100 games available.
It's a cheapER bd player..not a cheap game console..let's at least agree on that. In the US it's now $400. That's still alotta money. Yeah, the 360 is also expensive. I understand what you're saying, though. Thing is..the PS2 was king of the hill for so long cause of Joe Sixpack and company not guys like you or even me. PS3 and 360 is still considered too much money by a good portion of the public. Hence the lower sales for all consoles...except the Wii...which is priced just about right for the average (casual) gamer.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I guess. Ireland is fast becoming like Japan. Expensive so $400 seems cheap to me but then again I ain't living in the USA trying to survive on $400.

These consoles are in a way similar to LCD and Plasmas when they first came out. Expensive but given time they will become cheaper. I think people are too quick to jump on the hate for PS3. They need to give it time. It will live up to peoples expectations (gamers) in a year or so. Its already living up to mine as a BD player.

BTW i discovered i can view 1080i on the LCD
Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #26
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Among other things, THAT is why PS3 games are delayed:

http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?...5&postcount=20

Oh, and Snappahead is right... the only thing BD will give is uncompressed sound, cutscenes and textures... games don't even fill a regular DVD at the moment with compressed audio/textures.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote