Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-21-2020, 10:26 AM   #21
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am not getting this statue or the add-on but it seems that there were alot more issues with producing this add on than ever were anticipated.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #22
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

I received the update yesterday and immediately sent the following reply, and Chad replied to confirm it is an "easy fix":

"In the painted cape photo below, the coloring is inaccurate. While I am sure everyone will appreciate that you took the time to flip the design to be accurate to the actual cape worn in the series (when the stars were turned outward such as on this piece), in the preview image you shared of the paint application, there is one extra each of a blue and white stripe painted, which creates less of the red ”half” of the cape as a result. Your promotional photos have the coloring correct on the “reversed” version that was already shown, and now that the design has been flipped, I hope someone already caught this over-painting during approvals, but just felt it would be important to bring it up, just in case it hadn’t been caught already. Attached is a quick edit I made just to visualize what I am trying to explain. Looking forward to further updates on this piece soon!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cape-edit.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	131976  
ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:39 PM   #23
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW_Curator View Post
I received the update yesterday and immediately sent the following reply, and Chad replied to confirm it is an "easy fix":

"In the painted cape photo below, the coloring is inaccurate. While I am sure everyone will appreciate that you took the time to flip the design to be accurate to the actual cape worn in the series (when the stars were turned outward such as on this piece), in the preview image you shared of the paint application, there is one extra each of a blue and white stripe painted, which creates less of the red ”half” of the cape as a result. Your promotional photos have the coloring correct on the “reversed” version that was already shown, and now that the design has been flipped, I hope someone already caught this over-painting during approvals, but just felt it would be important to bring it up, just in case it hadn’t been caught already. Attached is a quick edit I made just to visualize what I am trying to explain. Looking forward to further updates on this piece soon!"
By "Easy fix" does that mean they haven't even been painted?
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:03 AM   #24
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

My thoughts exactly!
Old 07-22-2020, 08:08 PM   #25
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!
Ugh. Maybe we will have her by Christmas
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #26
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
By "Easy fix" does that mean they haven't even been painted?
TH is the only company trying to give us an accurate Lynda Carter WW set of collectibles. There is a lot of input that keeps getting sent regarding costume details etc... Everyone wants it a perfect as it can get because who knows when or if LC WW license will be picked up by another company

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!
Well even if they weren't painted yet, you emailed him about correcting it, so what do you propose that he do?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #27
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

The retouched cape photo I attached to my post shows the correct design, and I had sent that to Chad as well.

I am assuming the cape photo in the email was his "approval" sample from the factory along with the mockup of the interior foam packaging.

It has been cited that the major cause for the delay has been manually matching up the cape sculpt to the main figure, so I am assuming that painting is the final step and he had either not approved the paint sample photo that was included in the email, or hadn't caught the mistake and based on the schedule the factory has provided him, knew that there was time to get that corrected before they proceeded on finishing these up.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #28
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
The retouched cape photo I attached to my post shows the correct design, and I had sent that to Chad as well.

I am assuming the cape photo in the email was his "approval" sample from the factory along with the mockup of the interior foam packaging.

It has been cited that the major cause for the delay has been manually matching up the cape sculpt to the main figure, so I am assuming that painting is the final step and he had either not approved the paint sample photo that was included in the email, or hadn't caught the mistake and based on the schedule the factory has provided him, knew that there was time to get that corrected before they proceeded on finishing these up.
He was happy for the info. Such a tough thing to match because it's so flowy
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #29
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

Glad to help. I know everyone wants it to be perfect and accurate.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:34 PM   #30
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Email just received

Hey Folks,
I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. Wanted to give you an update on WW & Add on. WW has been here but has not been released from customs. We just got a confirmation she will be release soon and in our warehouse by Thursday 11/19 or Friday 11/20.

We are very thankful for your patience. We know the wait has been long. You will not be disappointed.

If you have a new shipping address and have not contacted us please let me know.

Stay safe!

Gwen