Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #11
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent72 View Post
Love your helmets and armor, man. I've talked to Thomas about eventually getting a SL ANH, but I don't think I'll go through the process of turning it into a full 1:1 statue like I did with the TM ESB. It would be nice just to have displayed on its' own like yours.
thanks man.
yeah i hear ya.. its what i wanted to do. but i am settling for just the busts to display for now.
my SL and DVV armor are def my most prized possessions out of my entire collection of everything i own. if and when you get one your going ti love it.
every time i see it i feel like im 7 years old again..

your terminator is killah too.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
Brent72
The Spirit

Fun comparison. Here's my old Rubies/Burnett Vader statue:

And here's the new one:

Not much difference at all, right?
Brent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

LOVE your custom Vader my man! Looks about as authentic as can be.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #14
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
LOVE your custom Vader my man! Looks about as authentic as can be.
Thank you very much.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #15
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Wow that's nice. I'm so jealous. Actually mine looks pretty good but I love your base. Did you build it yourself? Oh and I love the ESB Vader he looks real accurate. Mine is based on ROTJ Vader. I will post pics here if you want.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #16
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Here is my ROTJ Vader. It was custom built for me by Gino.

Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 AM   #17
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent72 View Post
Well, it took over a year and a half to get this project done because of various obstacles that I won't get into here, but my 1:1 ESB Vader statue is finally complete. This whole odyssey started when I was able to get my hands on a TM ESB helmet which is the most accurate ESB helmet in existence(and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise). From there I was able to get the Elstree chest armor from DarthVaderV which is a perfect match for the TM helmet. The cape and robe were made by KevVader, the chest box and cod piece are from ArtisanProps, the belt boxes, belt buckle and saber clip from Ace Replicas, GT shin guards, leather gloves from Indy Magnoli, and a custom made leather suit with custom leather boots. The mannequin was built exactly to David Prowse's measurements during the filming of ESB along with a custom lighted Carbon Freezing Chamber base and bluetooth voice system that has a breathing function and lines from all the films.

Overall, I'm thrilled with how this statue turned out and it's light years ahead of the licensed Rubies/Michael Burnett Vader statue I had for over 10 years! The one thing I've always wanted in my collection is a screen accurate ESB Vader and that goal has finally been achieved. Here are some pics I've taken and a link to a video clip I shot as well. I really need to get a professional photographer with a high end camera in here to do a photo shoot because my pics don't really capture how impressive it looks in person, but hopefully they'll at least give some indication of the work that went into making this piece. Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics.
Very cool, although the pictures in here highlight the very reason why I have never attempted to purchase or create a 1:1, that being you really need the proper space to display them, at least if you want them to look really amazing. He just doesn't look right with a set of vertical blinds behind him or sandwiched between 2 shelving units. In my opinion, 1:1's are more like installation art, where the space itself is really just as important as the 1:1 itself.

I would ultimately be forced to display a 1:1 in a similar manner as I just don't have an area free where I could really make it look amazing. So I stick with premium formats and 1/6. Maybe someday, like when my son goes off to college, Ill be able to do a 1:1.

Still very cool and a very nice job putting it all together!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:18 PM   #18
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Very cool, although the pictures in here highlight the very reason why I have never attempted to purchase or create a 1:1, that being you really need the proper space to display them, at least if you want them to look really amazing. He just doesn't look right with a set of vertical blinds behind him or sandwiched between 2 shelving units. In my opinion, 1:1's are more like installation art, where the space itself is really just as important as the 1:1 itself.
I'm perfectly happy with where he is and I'll gladly take that over 1/4 and 1/6 figures so to each their own.

Edit: The more I think about your comments the more irritated I get. What you're basically saying is that if you don't live in a museum you shouldn't have any 1:1 statues which is completely ludicrous. You're idea of the space being as important as the statue itself is completely warped as far as I'm concerned. The statue is the focal point and regardless of where it's positioned it doesn't change the fact that it's still the most screen accurate ESB Vader statue you're ever going to find outside of the Lucasfilm Archives!