Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
Brent72
The Spirit

FINALLY!!! My 1:1 ESB Darth Vader Statue is Complete (Lots of pics inside)

Well, it took over a year and a half to get this project done because of various obstacles that I won't get into here, but my 1:1 ESB Vader statue is finally complete. This whole odyssey started when I was able to get my hands on a TM ESB helmet which is the most accurate ESB helmet in existence(and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise). From there I was able to get the Elstree chest armor from DarthVaderV which is a perfect match for the TM helmet. The cape and robe were made by KevVader, the chest box and cod piece are from ArtisanProps, the belt boxes, belt buckle and saber clip from Ace Replicas, GT shin guards, leather gloves from Indy Magnoli, and a custom made leather suit with custom leather boots. The mannequin was built exactly to David Prowse's measurements during the filming of ESB along with a custom lighted Carbon Freezing Chamber base and bluetooth voice system that has a breathing function and lines from all the films.

Overall, I'm thrilled with how this statue turned out and it's light years ahead of the licensed Rubies/Michael Burnett Vader statue I had for over 10 years! The one thing I've always wanted in my collection is a screen accurate ESB Vader and that goal has finally been achieved. Here are some pics I've taken and a link to a video clip I shot as well. I really need to get a professional photographer with a high end camera in here to do a photo shoot because my pics don't really capture how impressive it looks in person, but hopefully they'll at least give some indication of the work that went into making this piece. Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics.

And here is a video I shot that features the breathing and voice clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgAJ...ature=youtu.be
Brent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Sithlord32
New Republic

Pretty cool. I have a fairly accurate suit from different artistans as well but its not quite that nice my chestbox is ghetto and gave the saber away as a B-day present to a young lad whom is a family friend. My shin plates were broken in moving so all i really have left that is displayable is the helmet and the chest/shoulder armor.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Vader
Ghost

what did this cost to put together?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
thx217
Ultimates

Awesome!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
what did this cost to put together?
Well, I can say it came in at less than what SS will be charging for their 1:1 Vader, but not by much. The TM helmet and Elstree armor were extremely expensive, but that's because they're both cast directly off the screen used pieces so you'll never get anything more accurate. It also cost me quite a bit to get the custom mannequin made to Prowse's dimensions and the lighted carbon freezing chamber base(both of which had to be shipped from another country at the cost of almost $1k).

Overall I'm probably looking at about $7500 for everything, but I had a Rubies/Burnett licensed Vader statue from the mid-90s that I sold to a fellow collector for almost $7k so overall I'm not really out that much for what is a night and day upgrade over the licensed piece.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
ambasah
Red Skull

I am in love. This is my dream once the kids go to university. Only about 15 years to go!
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
Brent72
The Spirit

Meant to put this in the original post, but here is the pose I based my statue on:

And here's how it turned out:

Think I got it just about as close as I could.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #8
Brent72
The Spirit

Made a couple of minor alterations to get it a bit more accurate. Moved the chest box up closer to the armor and lessened the amount of torso showing between the bottom of the chest box and the belt.

And just for the hell of it, here's a shot of a couple badass dudes:

Old 11-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

that looks killah man.. love it.
i have a TM and a DVV set of armor and a master father set of GH armor. i also have an SL ANH helemt.
im hoping to do the same for my helmets and sets of armor i have one day. you can check them out here.. http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=146591
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #10
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
that looks killah man.. love it.
i have a TM and a DVV set of armor and a master father set of GH armor. i also have an SL ANH helemt.
im hoping to do the same for my helmets and sets of armor i have one day. you can check them out here.. http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=146591

Love your helmets and armor, man. I've talked to Thomas about eventually getting a SL ANH, but I don't think I'll go through the process of turning it into a full 1:1 statue like I did with the TM ESB. It would be nice just to have displayed on its' own like yours.