Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #781
Sithlord32
New Republic

Was wondering why this tree I planted was not growing like the other identical tree I planted on the opposite side of the yard so I did some research before i came to a conclusion of taking it down or replacing it. Found something interesting that I was unaware of.

A tree has alpha and beta branches. At a young age the main branch called the alpha branch that grows upwards controls the growth of the rest of the tree. If you have more than one alpha branch the tree wont know where to supply the growth too and the tree will remain in a dwarf like state until these extra alpha branches are removed.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #782
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Something about Sheri Moon Zombie is really attractive. She is also an underrated actress IMO.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #783
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Was wondering why this tree I planted was not growing like the other identical tree I planted on the opposite side of the yard so I did some research before i came to a conclusion of taking it down or replacing it. Found something interesting that I was unaware of.

A tree has alpha and beta branches. At a young age the main branch called the alpha branch that grows upwards controls the growth of the rest of the tree. If you have more than one alpha branch the tree wont know where to supply the growth too and the tree will remain in a dwarf like state until these extra alpha branches are removed.
That is very interesting; really amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Something about Sheri Moon Zombie is really attractive. She is also an underrated actress IMO.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #784
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

31 years ago today, Joe Delaney died.

If you are a young person or don't remember Joe Delaney he was a running back for the KC Chiefs who had turned into a true unexpected star running back in the NFL. He was 24.

He saw 3 young boys struggling and yelling for help in a deep manmade pool of water. There were a lot of people there but only Joe went in. He couldn't swim. He managed to save one of the boys but he and the other two boys died. I think of him every year about this time and what a great human being he was. He left behind a wife and I think 3 young kids.

RIP Joe, and may you always be remembered.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #785
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

"Coffy" with Pam Grier was on late on one of the movie channels a few nights ago so I stayed up and watched it.

I had forgotten a young and thin Sid Haig was in it. Is there a better character actor bad guy than Sid Haig?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #786
johnclone
The Enchantress

I have absolutely no desire at all to see Miley Cyrus naked. Not even the tiniest curiosity. I did see wrecking ball, and that was quite more than necessary. Playboy should pay her to put her clothes on.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:09 AM   #787
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I have absolutely no desire at all to see Miley Cyrus naked. Not even the tiniest curiosity. I did see wrecking ball, and that was quite more than necessary. Playboy should pay her to put her clothes on.
I wouldn't pay anything to see it, but I woudn't look away
Old 09-14-2014, 02:44 AM   #788
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Her performance with that Thick guy was sort of embarrassing and kind of disgusting not so much with what was shown of her skin (what was there to see?) but the crude actions and her childish way of showing what she thought was sexy. Just turned out stupid and kind of repulsive....to me anyway. lol
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #789
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I get annoyed when I sit down to poop and notice that the toilet paper is coming out from the back end of the roll rather than the front of the roll. I always turn the roll of TP around whenever I see that, because OCD I am.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #790
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I get annoyed when I sit down to poop and notice that the toilet paper is coming out from the back end of the roll rather than the front of the roll. I always turn the roll of TP around whenever I see that, because OCD I am.
You see I'm the oppisite.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote