Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #2861
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They are probably going to have to sell these as kits for guys that want to repaint them(or redo them in house).
Thats what ive done. Should be here soon .
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #2862
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Probably should return mine. It's just going to sit in the box. Does Chrinicle pay for the return shipping?
Yes shipping is free for you.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #2863
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Here's mine currently haha gonna have to see how this turns out just trying to find the correct paint to use.
Looking good. You're taking it a bit farther than I would have. But now that I know it's just a matter of using heat to loosen parts, I may adopt the strategy.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:48 PM   #2864
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yea some parts are glued in better than others the arm key tore partially in the hole but the glue was different than the stuff used on the neck and pistons. figured if it breaks its fixable since its not chrome and more forgiving. This one at least appears t have been assembled and then painted, I also think they painted it and the cleared changed the chrome color to match the gun metal color. which is why those parts where then painted flat black. Once my paint gets here I can see how it goes lol
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:46 AM   #2865
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

when you look closely at the parts of this 1/4 t skeletom, you can see that some of the parts are deformed

nothing beats injection moulded

I am lucky I did not buy this
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #2866
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

So you guys that got your refund, how long did it take? I shipped mine back and CC got it on 1/31 and still no refund. I emailed them and even tried calling them today but no response. It should take a week to get my money back to me.

Edit: They just refunded me, so everything is cool.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #2867
sharpnel
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
So you guys that got your refund, how long did it take? I shipped mine back and CC got it on 1/31 and still no refund. I emailed them and even tried calling them today but no response. It should take a week to get my money back to me.

Edit: They just refunded me, so everything is cool.
My return arrived 2 days ago. I got my refund today.
sharpnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:59 AM   #2868
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
when you look closely at the parts of this 1/4 t skeletom, you can see that some of the parts are deformed

nothing beats injection moulded

I am lucky I did not buy this
Lucky? Lol you're right. CC doesn't offer refunds. It's a gamble to buy CC.

I think all who ordered expected it to be better than what it is. I still suffer shock and disbelief over the risk they took for what was for all intent and purposes their flagship product. It earns that title for how fast it sold out. I think it's fair judgment for the piece.

I feel like the hype has worn off long ago for the movie and this statue, and when it came down to it for finally producing it at a factory, a little less care was given for it and suddenly the door was open for opting to use a different factory to get the product out faster to people.

Now people can ----- and whine at CC all they want. The vendetta's can be out in full force. But let me remind everyone the reason this statue was delayed and ultimately why we are where we are at today instead of having a toynami produced piece: It's because some of you cried at the top of your lungs for something, anything but the aluminum finish TG used. Paul listened to you and the rest is history. CC's fault for shipping this/Customer's fault for whining for change/Paul's fault for listening to customers/blah/blah/blah.

If you're going to damn them then damn them for what they were guilty of trying to do: Please your dumb asses(to whomever that statement applies) because you wanted your idealized terminators because SS won't give them to you. Again, congratulations, because you're getting what you want from them when the second movie comes around. Enjoy paying for the triple chrome plating.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:43 AM   #2869
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Lucky? Lol you're right. CC doesn't offer refunds. It's a gamble to buy CC.

I think all who ordered expected it to be better than what it is. I still suffer shock and disbelief over the risk they took for what was for all intent and purposes their flagship product. It earns that title for how fast it sold out. I think it's fair judgment for the piece.

I feel like the hype has worn off long ago for the movie and this statue, and when it came down to it for finally producing it at a factory, a little less care was given for it and suddenly the door was open for opting to use a different factory to get the product out faster to people.

Now people can ----- and whine at CC all they want. The vendetta's can be out in full force. But let me remind everyone the reason this statue was delayed and ultimately why we are where we are at today instead of having a toynami produced piece: It's because some of you cried at the top of your lungs for something, anything but the aluminum finish TG used. Paul listened to you and the rest is history. CC's fault for shipping this/Customer's fault for whining for change/Paul's fault for listening to customers/blah/blah/blah.

If you're going to damn them then damn them for what they were guilty of trying to do: Please your dumb asses(to whomever that statement applies) because you wanted your idealized terminators because SS won't give them to you. Again, congratulations, because you're getting what you want from them when the second movie comes around. Enjoy paying for the triple chrome plating.
You make no sense.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:33 AM   #2870
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
blah, blah, blah.
Most of what you said is inaccurate or dead wrong.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote