Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-17-2021, 10:29 PM   #191
FJC
Midnighter

Need a Scarlet Witch for my collection. Trying to score the Tim Miller Scarlet Witch or the variant of it. Prices for it are pretty high.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:57 PM   #192
Mister H
Gen 13

Some pretty good deals on Omega Red bust on eBay right now. One of BD’s better busts IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:36 PM   #193
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Some pretty good deals on Omega Red bust on eBay right now. One of BD’s better busts IMO.
Yeah, one of those I prefer over the FS.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:53 PM   #194
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I saw this thread and nodded. Sunfire statue is $650 - add in shipping and customs and I'm priced out of that item. Such a cool statue. Bowen statues certainly holding value and in many cases going for 4x price. Oh since I'm on this topic, anyone have a Sunfire statue to sell please PM me
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:10 PM   #195
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s amazing the prices on some of the statues. Damn. I looked on eBay for one of the museum Spidey’s and when I saw the prices I said there goes that plan.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:39 PM   #196
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
It’s amazing the prices on some of the statues. Damn. I looked on eBay for one of the museum Spidey’s and when I saw the prices I said there goes that plan.
That modern museum Spidey is incredible. I had a chance to pick it up for $150 many years ago at a Con in Chicago. I passed because I had already bought Sosa's Kotobukiya Spidey and I decided to stick with it for my collection. That modern Spidey is selling for a pretty penny nowadays.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #197
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Demand is still very high for Bowen pieces. Just goes to show how timeless they are.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:32 PM   #198
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Need a Scarlet Witch for my collection. Trying to score the Tim Miller Scarlet Witch or the variant of it. Prices for it are pretty high.
I have seen the Tim Miller one go for quite alot. I have the Erick Sosa Scarlet Witch. That one you can normally pick up for a good price.

The cape on the variant is cool but I heard that some people had a leaning problem with it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:54 AM   #199
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Bowen is the Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko of statues.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:02 AM   #200
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I have seen the Tim Miller one go for quite alot. I have the Erick Sosa Scarlet Witch. That one you can normally pick up for a good price.

The cape on the variant is cool but I heard that some people had a leaning problem with it.
I've actually seen leaning issues with both of the Miller Scarlet Witches. The variant leans to the left, and on rare occasions, I've seen the standard version lean to the right. It definitely has to do with the weight of her cape. The issue is the metal posts in her feet. They're very short and only go about as high as her ankles. That's why you see all the leaning issues because she has no way to support the weight of her cape and she starts to bend around her ankles.

They should've had the metal posts go as high as her thighs. That should've been enough to support the weight of her cape. I've seen collectors prop her up against display cases to prevent her from leaning. I've also seen collectors break out hair dryers and heat her up and slowly bend her back to how she's supposed to look. This all could've been avoided with a longer metal posts. I'm just hoping to buy one that's bent for a cheap price. Then I'll have her fixed properly and have peace of mind that she's secure.