Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-22-2021, 09:17 AM   #21
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I wonder what divides people between DC and Marvel?
Personally i like characters from both Universes.

Batman (and Robin) was the first superhero to catch my attention. Spider-Man was my 2nd.
Hulk possibly came in 3rd, all thanks to the live action TV series. Superman came in 4th
I'm not sure simply preferring something constitutes a divide.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #22
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I started off more of a DC than Marvel person but I do like alot of the characters equally. I am one of the few people on here that still purchase monthly comics is seems and I am actually buying more Marvel books than DC now.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:40 AM   #23
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'm not sure simply preferring something constitutes a divide.
Not always. Based on some of the live streams i watch, there is without doubt those that prefer one over the other to the point neither a DC or Marvel piece will never appear in their collection, depending on what side they are on.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:22 AM   #24
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Mannnnn I love what Tweeterhead is doing in the 1/6 scale line with DC, but as I am more of a Marvel fan and collector I wish they would venture into that space. there is a huge void in 1/6 scale marvel pieces that no one really is filling. Diamond select premier line isn't true 1/6 scale and the quality is a huge hit or miss. Hot Toys doesn't make statues their more like dolls/figurines (sorry don't mean to offend don't know the proper term for Hot Toys). Finally Kotobukiya, which is the bulk of my 1/6 collection, hasn't been producing much ever since Eric Sosa left. No lie it bums me out knowing that i have four bookcases with room to fill more 1/6 pieces and at present is going to take forever if ever to complete my collection in this scale.
Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:24 AM   #25
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Not always. Based on some of the live streams i watch, there is without doubt those that prefer one over the other to the point neither a DC or Marvel piece will never appear in their collection, depending on what side they are on.
Yup, just like people that will never have a non 1/4 scale piece in their collection. I just don't get it.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:55 AM   #26
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
If Randy would come back and start up Marvel again and Chad on DC that would be a win/win for many of us smaller scale collectors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yes! That's the best option IMO.
When/If Randy comes back and if he does Marvel again, I would like to see him do true 1/6 scale pieces like TH does.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #27
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
When/If Randy comes back and if he does Marvel again, I would like to see him do true 1/6 scale pieces like TH does.
If Randy would do Marvel again I truly think that that many Bowen collectors would want him to do Marvel characters in the same scale as he did before and if he jumped to the Tweeterhead scale, people would be torn because they would be happy he is back but then they would be upset that new Marvel statues do not match the scale of the old ones he did. Think how people were wondering if Tweeterhead 2.0 scale would be the same as the first set of Tweeterhead statues, not too mention would the look good next to the existing ones.

And we do have to remember, some of the decisions made by all the statue producers depend alot on what DC and Marvel approve and want and will not allow.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #28
Demona
Martian Manhunter

To be fair, some of the scales on Bowen pieces are wonky already. I think if he came back, being open and consistent with scale would be nice. I'd like to see an even 1:6 scale and be done with it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:37 PM   #29
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
To be fair, some of the scales on Bowen pieces are wonky already. I think if he came back, being open and consistent with scale would be nice. I'd like to see an even 1:6 scale and be done with it.
I do agree, if you look at the whole history of the Bowen scale over the course of him producing the Marvel line, there were some that were definitely smaller than others and vice versa.

I do seem to remember reading somewhere that Marvel wanted the statues to be at a certain height during one of the one of the Bowen waves so the bases were made a little higher to accommodate that height.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:07 PM   #30
Mister H
Green Goblin

If he comes back and does Marvel, he'll be re-doing all the money makers again anyway. My Muddy DK almost dwarfs my Bowen Classic Cap and makes my Modern Punisher look like a teenager, I'd like to see them all in the same scale.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote