Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-30-2014, 02:21 AM   #161
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by law1349 View Post
I agree 100%. The design is killer, but I'm not in love with the pose. It's like you "paused" him in mid motion or something. I think having his head turned to his right would even make it better. Like he's getting ready to draw the sword up. I think this may be a hard piece to display due to the length and position of the sword. We'll see...in about 3 years.
I found the generals pose weird when it was first sneaked as well.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #162
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I found the generals pose weird when it was first sneaked as well.
...and in real it was so AWESOME!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:31 AM   #163
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
The pose for this one is unique. I like it. I see it as him about to swing this big ass sword at some poor sucka who's about to say goodbye to his head. Sick!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:17 AM   #164
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I'm defiantly ordering this!
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #165
Vallos
Jubilee

His profile has opened up:

http://courtofthedead.com/characters...eaper-general/

Built from the remains of his predecessor, Mortigull serves as Death’s new High Commander. But this warrior remains untested. Is it his inexperience that causes him to hesitate, or is it the ever-present voice of Demithyle, whispering silently in his ear?

Affiliations

Demithyle - Exalted Reaper General

From the very moment he was created, Mortighull could sense the disapproval of his peers, constantly finding the new general lacking when compared to his predecessor, Demithyle. There are few among the Court that consider Mortighull truly worthy of his position, a group which at times includes Mortighull himself. He knows it is not proper to doubt himself in this way, for it is not the nature of Bone to doubt. But replacing a Reaper General as respected and storied as Demithyle is no easy task. No matter how much he tells himself this, he always hears their whispers...always hears them judging him.

So he was created from Demithyle. It seems Demithyle still lives on within Mortighull as some sort of lingering conscious within the new general's mind. If that is not the case, then Demithyle's profile synopsis is misleading.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #166
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Sounds emo.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #167
dechirico7
The Flash

I like the reincarnation story. Kind of neat that it is applied to a dead/evil character.
They also make you kind of feel sorry for him, that he is forced to live in Demithyle's shadow.
Very cool that they give these characters so much depth and torment.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #168
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I like the reincarnation story. Kind of neat that it is applied to a dead/evil character.
They also make you kind of feel sorry for him, that he is forced to live in Demithyle's shadow.
Very cool that they give these characters so much depth and torment.
I'm a little confused about the back story here. On Demithyle's page, it says that he is alive at the same time as Mortighull. How could that be if Mortighull was created from Demthiyle's remains?

From Demithyle's page:
From the beginning, Demithyle has viewed the younger general as both a child and an insubordinate. It is not a relationship without some care or compassion, but first and foremost it is a relationship borne out of necessity. Demithyle is all too aware that Mortighull must be made ready for the inevitable day when the older general’s voice can no longer guide his successor. But what Demithyle never expected from his young heir was either free will or a fresh perspective. Mortighull has provided both.
LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #169
dechirico7
The Flash

Not sure.
Soul transfer?
Or, by "shadow" they mean how Mortighull followed the General and everyone expects Mortighull to be as good as the General. Since Mortighull was trained by him. Not really sure.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #170
SONICobra
Batman

I liked the pose with him slinging his sword over his shoulder like in that artwork that was showed (similar to wonder womans pose) still a great piece though with outrageous detail
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote