Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
I'd just love a great SHIELD series

SHIELD series generally seem to last a handful of issues then gets cancelled. This is a tough book to write well as SHIELD consistently needs to be up against some heavy hitters in every issue. It gets old quick. That's the problem. For a SHIELD series to work, it has to be more about the individual agents and less about the entire group (unless an apocalypse is imminent or something). Also, it should have an X-Files type feel to it too. SHIELD has to feel so vast that there should be a shadow faction to the group, like we don't really know who owns or runs SHIELD for real.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
So.. yeah; which hero (or villain) would be able to do the aforementioned?

Honestly? I haven't read Daredevil in years (though I've heard it's had its excellent runs, over the years), but I think Matt Murdock could step up his game and go about representing the Hero community, more so than he does currently. As it's Murdock, who tries to keep an open mind, I don't see him turning aside (C-List, I can't see Ultron in court.. ) villains who have been unjustly accused, either. I think he'd hire Luke Cage or Iron Fist as protection in his law practice, though.

I'd love to see a series about Dr. Doom, and how he runs Latveria, for better or ill; a three-parter would do. The man doesn't need powers.. maybe he hangs up his suit of armor briefly and puts aside his magical prowess, and just focuses on matters of State.

For that matter, a mini-series about Marvel's various "super-villain prisons" (The Vault, Negative Zone prison) would be different, also; told from the standpoint of the human guards, not the heroes who also guard it.

A one-shot about Alfred Pennyworth would be cool.

There's already some heroes without powers (Batman, Punisher, etc), so they don't count.
This would mean the end of comicbookdom if heroes don't have powers. Most series would be very boring if they aren't lifting mountains or running down trains. Imagine the Hulk with no powers? What's he gonna do? an anger management series? The only characters that would be interesting are Ironman, Batman, Black Panther, and Green Arrow. Black Widow and Wildcat might make a good TV series but that's about it.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #13
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Tony Stark.

He's had entire story arcs where he wasn't in his armor that were very entertaining.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
So.. yeah; which hero (or villain) would be able to do the aforementioned?

Honestly? I haven't read Daredevil in years (though I've heard it's had its excellent runs, over the years), but I think Matt Murdock could step up his game and go about representing the Hero community, more so than he does currently. As it's Murdock, who tries to keep an open mind, I don't see him turning aside (C-List, I can't see Ultron in court.. ) villains who have been unjustly accused, either. I think he'd hire Luke Cage or Iron Fist as protection in his law practice, though.

I'd love to see a series about Dr. Doom, and how he runs Latveria, for better or ill; a three-parter would do. The man doesn't need powers.. maybe he hangs up his suit of armor briefly and puts aside his magical prowess, and just focuses on matters of State.

For that matter, a mini-series about Marvel's various "super-villain prisons" (The Vault, Negative Zone prison) would be different, also; told from the standpoint of the human guards, not the heroes who also guard it.

A one-shot about Alfred Pennyworth would be cool.

There's already some heroes without powers (Batman, Punisher, etc), so they don't count.

I think this would be hilarious...like Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Tony Stark.

He's had entire story arcs where he wasn't in his armor that were very entertaining.
Why am I not surprised that you chose Iron Man.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Storm was always great when she didn't have her powers.

I could get behind a powerless Storm series where Ororo is a hirable thief. Not really a Robin Hood type, but really enjoys the adventure of stealing just for the thrill.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

I think Deadpool would do great. Still being funny and all...
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #18
Teague
Iron Man

I love the idea of Daredevil just becoming "lawyer to the capes." Very cool!

I also think that Peter Parker, back in the day, could have held his own in a down-on-his-luck teen. Interesting stuff.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
risingstar
Jedi Order

The FF would make for a very entertaining challengers of the unknown meets Johnny Quest type book.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
The FF would make for a very entertaining challengers of the unknown meets Johnny Quest type book.
Good call. This was always the sense I got as to the original direction for the book--that it was more about the science and adventure than the powers. They didn't even have the tights at first!
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote