Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #6911
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Correct. Too many posters bashing the Jerry days, and their lack of refunds.
I guess the new owners lost interest. To be fair, i don't blame them.
All they had to do was speak on the issue and reassure the customer that they were working on the issue. However, they choose not too which made many of us angry at them for potentially being ok with ripping people off for thousands of dollars.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #6912
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I just posted on their Facebook page. I want to know if they plan to continue the G.I. Joe line.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:09 AM   #6913
Leooo
Frackin!

I am still waiting for the reimbursement of the statue that I paid in full in July 2017 . (https://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/en/akuma-14-10-year).

They had announced that the product will be shipped in 2018, then when they announced "2019" I asked for a full refund.

After several exchanges of emails they had accepted... we are more than half way to 2020 and I still haven't received a refund.
Leooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #6914
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leooo View Post
I am still waiting for the reimbursement of the statue that I paid in full in July 2017 . (https://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/en/akuma-14-10-year).

They had announced that the product will be shipped in 2018, then when they announced "2019" I asked for a full refund.

After several exchanges of emails they had accepted... we are more than half way to 2020 and I still haven't received a refund.
We sent out an email on refunds. Your order was during old ownership. We are offering a PCS credit and 15% discount on future order with the credit. PM me your email address if you didn't receive the email.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:39 PM   #6915
The World
Justice League

Disclaimer: This is purely constructive feedback and not intended to offend

PCS, can we PLEASE have glass eyes used for all female statues in 1/3 AND 1/4 going forward?

The difference between glass eyes and the standard use of sticker decals is night and day. It's like statues that don't use glass eyes are still in the stone age.

These are examples from HMO's statues.

Please consider this, it will bring statues to the next level. It's especially something that will elevate the Street Fighter girls in the swimsuit line (Rainbow Mika yes).

I bring this up because I want these statues to be better and to be as best as they can be. I think the industry is holding itself back by continuing to use outdated methods like decals for the eyes.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:24 AM   #6916
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
Disclaimer: This is purely constructive feedback and not intended to offend

PCS, can we PLEASE have glass eyes used for all female statues in 1/3 AND 1/4 going forward?

The difference between glass eyes and the standard use of sticker decals is night and day. It's like statues that don't use glass eyes are still in the stone age.

These are examples from HMO's statues.

Please consider this, it will bring statues to the next level. It's especially something that will elevate the Street Fighter girls in the swimsuit line (Rainbow Mika yes).

I bring this up because I want these statues to be better and to be as best as they can be. I think the industry is holding itself back by continuing to use outdated methods like decals for the eyes.
We actually looked into doing this for Chun Li to start. But, the cost was just too high. We struggled just to keep Chun Li under $500 with these rising prices at the factories and with eyes like that we would've blew past the retail price. If you remember the HMO Morrigan went up for preorder in 2017 and was $699 then and production prices have only gone up. Even discounting the difference in bases, Chun Li would've been well over $600 retail. It's a tight rope to balance to make something awesome, but also affordable for collectors. Also those eyes don't look right on all statues as sometimes they can come off Anime-ish.

BUT, we are still considering for some of our 1:3 lines going forward.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:33 AM   #6917
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
We actually looked into doing this for Chun Li to start. But, the cost was just too high. We struggled just to keep Chun Li under $500 with these rising prices at the factories and with eyes like that we would've blew past the retail price. If you remember the HMO Morrigan went up for preorder in 2017 and was $699 then and production prices have only gone up. Even discounting the difference in bases, Chun Li would've been well over $600 retail. It's a tight rope to balance to make something awesome, but also affordable for collectors. Also those eyes don't look right on all statues as sometimes they can come off Anime-ish.

Thanks for the reply and insightful info, I really appreciate that.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #6918
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post

Maybe a limited run of 150 with the glass eyes at the higher price point? For those who are willing to pay.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #6919
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey red_ant, are you planning on making any more Mortal Kombat statues, and if so, which characters are you going to make? Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #6920
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Maybe a limited run of 150 with the glass eyes at the higher price point? For those who are willing to pay.
That’s actually not a bad idea. Let me look into it.