Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-05-2018, 11:32 PM   #1571
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I love that classic "unique" line people try to use to broadly cover up issues, flaws are flaws, not "personality". Some color variation between different pieces or similar "differences" are what is ok to be "unique", not actual flaws or poorly done repairs. It doesn't have to be broken to have something wrong that needs addressed.
This are recasts, they aren't going to be perfect. I didn't really see anything wrong on the bust. Now, it's all personal. If the client is not satisfied, they are on all their right to ask for a solution.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:32 PM   #1572
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

A lot of that looks like it might be overspray from a factory fix after it was painted. Might be able to remove some of that before trying to gloss it up.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:02 AM   #1573
BattleMadRobot
Doh!

Honestly, it's good to hear that you don't think it's too bad. It's a relief if I'm just nitpicking. I'm not unhappy with my Raptor. I guess I just wasn't blown away by the quality.
BattleMadRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:22 AM   #1574
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleMadRobot View Post
Honestly, it's good to hear that you don't think it's too bad. It's a relief if I'm just nitpicking. I'm not unhappy with my Raptor. I guess I just wasn't blown away by the quality.
Mine has minor stuff like yours but there are a lot of better characteristics for me to care about minor defects. Enjoy it for it's goods.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:25 AM   #1575
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
This are recasts, they aren't going to be perfect. I didn't really see anything wrong on the bust. Now, it's all personal. If the client is not satisfied, they are on all their right to ask for a solution.
These are not recasts, nor are they expected to be perfect either, all of them have imperfections. What he shows is fairly major a shoddy repair is just as bad as a broken part to me. If you can't see it I don't know what to tell you, it is clear as day to me. I would not be happy till that spot was fixed and would expect a credit for getting it done.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #1576
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Cool, are you going to get that raptor painted ?
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #1577
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleMadRobot View Post
Hello all! Long time Lurker, first time poster.

Am i nitpicking here? Some QC issues on my Raptor that are bothering me...

Attachment 115943

Attachment 115944

Attachment 115945

Mostly that dull, badly patched repair under the left eye. It's very noticeable in person. There's a bright pink blob of tongue paint on the lower gums but that's only really visible if you stick your head in her mouth...
Personally at minimum I’d want a partial refund especially at that price level.Looks like a chunk was knocked off after it was painted and badly repaired, a gloss coat could bring it back in line with the rest of the Bust if you do decide to keep it. The blob of paint inside the mouth is an easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I see nothing wrong on your bust. If anything, is unique. Embrace those small flaws. No raptor was the same in nature. As long as nothing is broken, everything is good.
But something was broken, and badly repaired if you can’t see that you’ve not looked at the pics. There was no raptor roaming around with a badly glued on chunk of upper lip!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:56 AM   #1578
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I personally wouldn't be too concerned about these. The biggest flaw with this piece is the left jaw connection where it's rather smooth. It's on all of them and I see it in your pics. I'm not complaining, but it's there. It's on mine too, I think it's just the way the jaw connects to the bust. again, it still looks amazing and I'm not complaining.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #1579
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLikesDinos View Post
Pumped.

I know what I and most other fans want to see: The classic/female JP raptor. I don't mind the TLW male raptors, but they just aren't as iconic as the original.

While the full body 1:1 creature is out of the question for now, perhaps something that includes neck/arms like the Weta Kong busts could work?

Though that would still be huge. I know wall-mounts are the go-to, but I personally would prefer something free standing like the ILM raptor pass gifts

Each Jurassic World Velociraptor has a unique skull structure, different than this piece/the JP raptor. Though admittedly, they are similiar in overall form.

Personally, if a JW Raptor was to be done, I'd prefer to to be screen accurate to the ILM models.
Nice! Are you planning to get that raptor in the last pic painted?
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #1580
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m planning on all four busts. One down 3 to go. Lol
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote