Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

First, glad you're okay! Second, go over to the neighbor and own up for what you did, what are you waiting for you momo! Third, take better care of yourself buddy! If you're going to be working double shifts maybe take a catnap before driving off. I'd also consider finding a better emergency contact than the ex, I've been there and I know how that is. I think you may still have some unresolved issues there if you're calling her. Again, I've been there which is why I'm saying this. Lastly, I'm glad you're ok. Take this as a wake up call, no pun intended.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

To echo others, Ryan, I'm so glad you're okay and that no one else is hurt. I agree that you should talk to your neighbor. Regardless of which way the conversation goes, at least you'd have prompted it in well intentioned good spirits.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Nobody's home...

I'll try tonight. Ugh.. just going over there was an effort, but yeah... I need to pay them for the fence (they've already replaced it) over time. I can't do it in a lump sum, regrettably.

I forgot... one of their cars is a Subaru Forester. Irony, much? Painful to walk past a pristine one when White Lightning's such a wreck now, here in my driveway.

Last edited by Argonus; 04-14-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I sing for two churches... only went to one this morning, but apparently I'm still shaken up, since I couldn't hold the mic without it dancing around a little. The choir/band gave me some support, and our Pastor told the congregation to pray for things beyond our control, like car accidents (and glanced at me, as I told him what happened prior to the service)... I love my church.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #25
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Damn sorry to hear about this. Main thing is you're OK, at least physically except for what seems like possible exhaustion. You are really overworked too. Hope you can get some proper rest going through this very stressful period. One step at a time. Please keep letting us know how you are doing.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #26
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Sorry to read this Ryan !

Glad you are ok, and you are doing the right thing by talking to your neighbor. I know you are a man of integrity so if you don't go talk to them it will just bother you.

Good luck bro, looking at the car it seems that you should be getting repairs to yourself and not the car so I think you were pretty fortunate it was not worse.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #27
risingstar
Jedi Order

Holy smokes... just saw this... I'm glad to hear you're okay. Take all the time you need to recuperate. Your health prioritizes everything else.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #28
Rocket
Art of Mod

Just catching up Ry so glad you're okay in a physical sense but still obviously very concerned for your well being and hope things turn out as best they can
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #29
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Some people are saying I shouldn't talk to my neighbor before consulting with an attorney as to whether or not I should... talk to my neighbor.

My heart wants me to go apologize and offer to pay back the damages... my head and gut .. and several people... are saying to consult with an attorney first.

Why can't sh!t be solved with a handshake anymore?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #30
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Scary stuff mate . . . but glad you are OK and no one was hurt. Honestly, I try to limit my night time driving because I worry about the same thing. I've never fallen asleep but on a longer drive (at night) I often get that heavy eyed feeling (one of the joys of getting older I guess).

By all means, speak to your neighbour but you might want to consult your attorney first. It's a terrible thing, but everyone seems so litigious these days, you don't want to say something that might come back to bite you on the ass
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote