Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 AM   #11
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs1162 View Post
The only big plus for me from the switch over has been Aquaman,and possibly Justice League Dark. Now that the Legion and Titans are done,I'm better off reading previews than actually investing in what's left.
I agree some characters like Aquaman and Wonder Woman have really benefitted from the New 52 change over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
They should just go back to their prior universe.
I doubt they will ever go back, I would imagine they're way to much invested in the New 52 now... Not to mention the fan base that does enjoy 52 would be rather upset if they did a flip flop after almost 2 1/2 years..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #12
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Pretty sure they only have 42 titles ongoing that is associated with The New 52.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #13
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Personally I enjoy the new 52. I think alot of books have bit the axe early as it is impossible to have 52 strong titles at the same time.

DC should and I agree with one poster prior to me that they should stick with 20-25 max with the best possible writer's & artist's.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

1) Yes, there were 52 books when they launched the New 52. I think part of the problem was they were quick to cancel a lot of books early on, thinking books in the "Second Wave" and beyond would fill the void..that hasn't happened.

2) The new universe hasn't moved forward.....after the first year, almost ever book has just been spinning their wheels, plagued by crossovers and "events" (What, is this DC or Marvel?!?). And there's no continuity.....the Wonder Woman in her own book bears no resemblance to the WW in JUSTICE LEAGUE or SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN...the Green Arrow in JLA doesn't seem at all like the character in his own book.....is the little snot who's been staring in SUPERGIRL the same character that's going to be in JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED? I doubt it! There's just no flow!

3) The books that followed the first 52 have been mediocre at best! Books like VIBE, KATANA, TEAM 7, TALON, PANDORA and PHANTOM STRANGER should never have seen the light of day. WORLD'S FINEST's quality has sunk rapidly, with the art being awful and (I'm sorry to say!) Levitz's writing being spotty at best. Even EARTH 2 has seen a downward dip since Robinson left.

4) The constant changing of writers and artists hasn't helped....I doubt there's a half dozen books with the same team on them from a year a ago, let alone two!

5) You can't survive on just "families"....I think DC has reached the saturation point on each of these "families".....books like LAFREEZE and SUPERMAN/WOMAN are either already bombing or have seen significant drops since the first issue.

6) DC needs to focus.
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
Fannymac

23 of the 50 top selling books for December were from DC. Of those 23, 3 were mini-series. Of the remaining 20, 7 were Batman books, 5 were Justice League books (in all fairness, JUSTICE LEAGUE shipped twice, having been late in November), 4 were Superman titles and one was a Green Lantern title. That means only three non-"family" books ~ AQUAMAN, EARTH 2 and FLASH ~ made the Top 50. (And that's kind of splitting hairs....I think all three of those are considered part of the JL "family!").

Say what you will....DC needs to rethink their battle plan. (And it's not just DC......considering JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK came in at #50 with just 36,353 units moved, I'd say the industry as a whole is hurting!).
Old 01-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #16
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Superman Unchained and Nightwing are also set to end in April...

I'm going back to Marvel.
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #17
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post

odd...when Supes started up they said they'd continue with a different creative team once Snyder/Lee were done their arc...

oh well, its not like the book was really needed as a true ongoing title anyway

I'm looking forward to Batman Eternal and JLU in April...looks like 2 promising books
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #18
Fannymac

Quote:

That's REALLY odd.....SUPERMAN UNCHAINED sold 96,322 copies in December, making it DC's 3rd best selling book, behind only BATMAN and FOREVER EVIL. That makes NO sense!

Even NIGHTWING is still in the Top 50 with 38,452 copies moved (heck, even TEEN TITANS moved 29,149!), yet they're keeping books like ALL-STAR WESTERN (13,440) and BATWING (10,733) around?!?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #19
Fannymac

Quote:

They're just as bad, if not worse!!!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #20
risingstar
Jedi Order

The Teen Titans are like the Bee Gees of the comics universe. They were huge at one time but once they fell out of favor or were deemed uncool or bubblegummy, there was nothing anyone could do to bring them back to their former glory. The writing and artwork could be amazing, but it still wouldn't be enough to gain back that cool factor and respect from the fanbase
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote