Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #21
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
They're just as bad, if not worse!!!!!
I know... I don't even know whats real anymore

maybe I'll take up drinking instead...
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #22
lordrycon

It's weird, Marvel and DC obviously don't look at books like Saga and The Walking Dead and see that the readers are looking for a change of tone and pace when it comes to comics, even within well established characters like Batman and Superman.

For my personal taste, most of the best books out there are not Marvel or DC, yet as pointed out, DC are cancelling books that are selling well but keeping garbage like All-Star Western.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #23
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
That's REALLY odd.....SUPERMAN UNCHAINED sold 96,322 copies in December, making it DC's 3rd best selling book, behind only BATMAN and FOREVER EVIL. That makes NO sense!

Even NIGHTWING is still in the Top 50 with 38,452 copies moved (heck, even TEEN TITANS moved 29,149!), yet they're keeping books like ALL-STAR WESTERN (13,440) and BATWING (10,733) around?!?
there is a reason Nightwing is ending...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #24
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
It's weird, Marvel and DC obviously don't look at books like Saga and The Walking Dead and see that the readers are looking for a change of tone and pace when it comes to comics, even within well established characters like Batman and Superman.

For my personal taste, most of the best books out there are not Marvel or DC, yet as pointed out, DC are cancelling books that are selling well but keeping garbage like All-Star Western.
have you ever actually read ASW? Judging by the "garbage" comment, I'd guess you haven't but are merely looking at sales figures

When I was picking it up it was a very solid story and has the same creative team throughout (as far as I know). Jonah Hex has been around since the 70's...he should have a title that caters to his fans. The ASW market is small so I'm not sure what you're expecting from it
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:19 PM   #25
lordrycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
have you ever actually read ASW? Judging by the "garbage" comment, I'd guess you haven't but are merely looking at sales figures

When I was picking it up it was a very solid story and has the same creative team throughout (as far as I know). Jonah Hex has been around since the 70's...he should have a title that caters to his fans. The ASW market is small so I'm not sure what you're expecting from it
I have browsed it, but I don't like Western themed stuff. I should have been more diplomatic in my wording.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #26
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
there is a reason Nightwing is ending...
I constantly fear that Didio will make good on his desire to kill off DG, as he intended at the climax of Infinite Crisis. With Teen Titans and Nightwing being cancelled I can see a relaunch with DG as the leader in the near future. Hopefully Tim re-finds his place as Bruce's partner now that the Damian saga has played out as opposed to the inevitably painful implementation of Carrie Kelly as Robin.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:08 AM   #27
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I'm quite sad that Nightwing is ending but I really smell a reboot of that book in the near future, I'm starting to get the tingly feeling that the hooded stranger from Earth 3 the Crime Syndicate brought with them is actually their version of Disk Grayson...

I'm quite pleased that Superman Unchained is ending as Scott Snyder and Jim Lee were only signed up for nine issues. It ends one of the best New 52 Superman books before creative team changes just turned it another run of the mill book, just like how Batman Incorporated ended. I'm very pleased with this!
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #28
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

plus with Stormwatch & Suicide Squad also ending so many of the original 52 are gone, DC is finding it tough to keep a long term audience on most titles.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #29
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

The only new one that interests me is SECRET ORIGINS, but it's going to have to be done right....no "fill-in" feel to the stories, with new artists and writers getting their "big break" here!

As a companion book to a new SO, I still think a relaunched BRAVE & BOLD would be great.....it would allow a lot of these characters to meet for the first time, plus it would provide some MUCH needed continuity!!!

And if they're looking for quality books, I can't believe Lemuire hasn't pitched a BLACK ORCHID book!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:32 AM   #30
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I wouldn't read too much into the cancellation of any of these books right now. DC is obviously going through a major post-Forever Evil overhaul. I'm sure we'll see replacements for Teen Titans and Superman Unchained. Snyder has said he has plans for Superman beyond his 9-issue story with Lee. Maybe they'll just shift him over to regular Superman, since it's not like that book has been worth the paper it's printed on for most of its life.

But with the launch of weekly books like Batman Eternal and Five Years Later, I think we will see DC consolidate a little and stop insisting on a 52-book lineup. Maybe they'll finally drop the New 52 name. It's not really "new" anymore after three years.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote