Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #131
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Come on, we’re all adults. Do you “hate” all movies where a character is smoking? Did you walk out every X-men movie where Logan lights up a cigar?
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate hate it!

I hate the act and I scowl everytime I see someone on the big screen with a cigarette.

Cigars, pipes, etc. I know are toxic to health as well...but they dont frikkin stink to high hell like a cigarette does.

I personally stayed away from the Metal Gear Solid Games just because it condoned smoking.

I should have been more clear though...I hate smoking...but its cigarettes I have a specific disdain for. Hence why I think that Gambit PF head on SS was garbage. Mine stayed in the box and never came out.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:20 PM   #132
Peedi
The Secret Six

I hate cigarette smoking as well. I always thought the cigarette head on the PF just looked to old and wrinkly for Gambit but the comic artists do portray him anywhere from attractive man in 20s to ugly worn out smoker in his 60s, Gambit has almost no artistic consistency. I think the long haired head had a better face but the hair and chest armor was better on the smoking head.

This statue looks better than it originally did after seeing it in video. But it’s an exclusive now. I’ve acquired XM statues before but I’m not going too out the way, even for a favorite character of mine like Gambit certainty is.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #133
fsdre
Mephisto

Because it is exclusive and there are so many gamb T fans I won’t be surprised if this one shoots up in value
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:15 PM   #134
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Exclusive or not, it's just not a very attractive Gambit statue. I was so looking forward to owning a Gambit. The wait continues.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #135
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Says you....I think its by FAR the most impressive and dynamic statues I have seen of Gambit.

Still won't get it though. I am completely out of 1/4 statues. Only 1/6, 1/7 and a couple 1/3 pieces.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #136
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ordered him as well. Now that SS is going to release a Dynamic Rogue, I think XM Gambit will go well with her. Hopefully Rogue will be in a sentinel base as well like him.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:39 AM   #137
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Says you....I think its by FAR the most impressive and dynamic statues I have seen of Gambit.

Still won't get it though. I am completely out of 1/4 statues. Only 1/6, 1/7 and a couple 1/3 pieces.
Same, I think this is leagues above the PF.
To me this is the best Gambit ever made.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:42 AM   #138
fsdre
Mephisto

totally agree about this gambit being the most dynamic piece and best 1/4 gambit to be produced. I think this will be an amazing piece in any X-Men collection
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:39 AM   #139
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Looks good, but the portraits are horrible. PF is still the Gambit to own for me. Has everything I need for a Gambit statue
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #140
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s tough to pick. I think XM won’t disappoint with in hand quality and it being exclsuive it should know I people’s socls off
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote