Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 12-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #221
pape
Doh!

Just unboxed mine as well... worst paint job I've ever seen on a 1/4 statue and I can usually live with some imperfections... will contact GH. Really sucks since it's probably a lot of people's favorite character and I wonder if they will be able to fix this at all, would prefer geting a replacement but don't see this happening if all of them looks like this
pape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #222
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
That looks worst than mine. It looks like they wiped all the white right off in sections and just left the purple. While the factory is responsible for making a quality product, it's Gaming Heads' responsibility to have a full time QA onsite at the factory. I guarantee they didn't do that
Nobody does that. The factories ship them a production sample. These are always lies. Their actual produced product is never quite as good.

After that they ship them the sealed boxes with the finished products. GH is just mailing out the boxes they receive.

It's like this for any company of any product produced overseas.

My friend sells neoprene knee and elbow sleeves for athletes. The production samples always look great. But the actual product often has shoddy stitching and doesn't fit right. They don't care and they don't reimburse. It's a ---- show when dealing with the Chinese production facilities.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #223
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Nobody does that. The factories ship them a production sample. These are always lies. Their actual produced product is never quite as good.

After that they ship them the sealed boxes with the finished products. GH is just mailing out the boxes they receive.

It's like this for any company of any product produced overseas.

My friend sells neoprene knee and elbow sleeves for athletes. The production samples always look great. But the actual product often has shoddy stitching and doesn't fit right. They don't care and they don't reimburse. It's a ---- show when dealing with the Chinese production facilities.
Then how does Prime1 and "higher" quality companies seem to put out much better statues? Or are they not produced in China? Just curious, not challenging you.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:40 PM   #224
dao2
Cyclops

there's probably only one wave :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #225
Snadinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs013564 View Post
Then how does Prime1 and "higher" quality companies seem to put out much better statues? Or are they not produced in China? Just curious, not challenging you.
I'd imagine it has to do with paying more. I can't be certain but quite frankly too many people speculate and think their reasoning is correct on these forums. I'm just relating experiences from friends who have their products produced overseas.

Having multiple people inspecting products full time in a foreign country would be very expensive.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:46 PM   #226
dao2
Cyclops

Yes they pay a lot more.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #227
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
F4Fs has 3 full-time QC people (that I know of) onsite at the factories, that sign their names on a QC sticker placed on the statue box. They use the same factories as Gaming Heads.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:00 PM   #228
dao2
Cyclops

PCS does it too.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #229
Snadinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
F4Fs has 3 full-time QC people (that I know of) onsite at the factories, that sign their names on a QC sticker placed on the statue box. They use the same factories as Gaming Heads.
That's great for f4f. GH should raise their prices to be in line with everyone else and do that as well.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:33 PM   #230
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
That's great for f4f. GH should raise their prices to be in line with everyone else and do that as well.
Gaming Heads' prices are already in-line with F4Fs, if not more expensive.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote