Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-03-2017, 10:01 PM   #501
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Edit
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #502
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I have no problem having statues of the same character either. I have multiple wolverines and I will have multiple magnetos, Spiderman, superman, Batman, etc. I'm more likely to have multiple good guys than bad guys but Magneto is an exception along with venom and a few others.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:53 PM   #503
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
How can you forget to add Batman to that equation, ala Prime 1 Studio's over milked knick knacks? lmao!
I don't like DC... so I never think of them.

The Arkham games rock though.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:05 AM   #504
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
My Credit Card is READY! If ES is announced ahead of time and is LOW!

Without seeing a picture and knowing the ES will say TBD To be Determined? HELL NO! That's why SSC is OVER MAKING every single piece. Stop PO'ing until the Edition Size is announced. SIMPLE

You guys need to think about the market and how we all will get screwed over if it does burst, even for the love of the character and statue have some respect for your money and it's value when you bought the piece, Nobody should want a piece they bought to sell in the secondary market for less money than they paid for originally. That is just madness and stupidity at it's best. Unless you are a trust fund baby then have some DAMN respect for your hard earn dollars.
There is so much that's wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.

First of all, Don't use a credit card, use your debit card and it'll allow you to pay cash directly. Credit cards are dangerous with interest rates.

Second, If you really want to save money, Don't buy the statue in the first place, no one really "needs" one to live.

Third, Put the money you'd spend on the statue and put it into real assets, start a business, pay off debt, put it towards your 401K/ Roth IRA, set up an emergency fund, invest in yourself, put it to better use than a cool looking $600 paper weight. All my statues are sold and I don't miss them.

That's how you have respect for your hard earned money.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:15 AM   #505
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post

First of all, Don't use a credit card, use your debit card and it'll allow you to pay cash directly. Credit cards are dangerous with interest rates.

Second, If you really want to save money, Don't buy the statue in the first place, no one really "needs" one to live.

Third, Put the money you'd spend on the statue and put it into real assets, start a business, pay off debt, put it towards your 401K/ Roth IRA, set up an emergency fund, invest in yourself, put it to better use than a cool looking $600 paper weight. All my statues are sold and I don't miss them.

Are you serious? This makes me feel so bad collecting these 600.00-1200.00 paper weights. are you still collecting anything now? This post is so true.... but as a collector makes me feel so useless.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #506
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:

So you surf the forum yet have no statues and don't plan to buy any? Why?

The term Credit Card is broadly used to include debit cards. I buy what I can afford and I can afford buying pieces I love but due to space I am very picky as to what I buy. Plus QC is very bad currently so it's hard to PO something from SSC when I know I will be rolling the dice with QC.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #507
KevinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
So you surf the forum yet have no statues and don't plan to buy any? Why?

The term Credit Card is broadly used to include debit cards. I buy what I can afford and I can afford buying pieces I love but due to space I am very picky as to what I buy. Plus QC is very bad currently so it's hard to PO something from SSC when I know I will be rolling the dice with QC.
I do still like them!

I'm hardly ever on here, but your post made me respond.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:36 AM   #508
KevinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Are you serious? This makes me feel so bad collecting these 600.00-1200.00 paper weights. are you still collecting anything now? This post is so true.... but as a collector makes me feel so useless.
Yes, I'm serious.

I collect cgc comics and I also sell them mainly in my ebay store...it's passive income.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #509
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Yes, I'm serious.

I collect cgc comics and I also sell them mainly in my ebay store...it's passive income.
Cool it's fun to stay in the hobby, comics, statues or toys. It's the pop culture for all fans!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:51 AM   #510
KevinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
How do you get people to spend more than they have and come back for more?

Simple

Break down the payments for them over a long period of time which is what SS does, 6 months, 8 months interest free. Make the product ES small and make them pre-order (guaranteed money) to create a sense of urgency so customers will buy now rather than later.

Make a superior product to create excitement and value as well as impulsive shopping. Buyer's remorse? SS has that covered with driven "cancellation fees" and the small print rejecting your credit card charge backs.

SS is guaranteed money anytime someone hits that pre-order/cancellation button.