Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #21
BillC
Hellboy

I don't have any 2018 goals for published art- I'll go after something hard if it's a personal "A" level piece, but hope I don't come across more than a couple of those honestly. I somehow got lots of great art this year either for free or criminally cheap. Gotta say I wouldn't mind seeing that trend continue.

My focus is commissions- I'd love to realistically get 5 of them from the main artist I work with (I'd love to get 12, but he's too busy). Already have them picked out, although the order could always switch up. I'm looking very forward to seeing a couple of those in particular completed.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #22
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Whelp, this is pretty much a cut and paste of last year's goals, with some addendums:

My resolutions for next year:
1) Try to rein myself in with the side-purchases that don't really fit my collection. When I attend shows I tend to buy stuff much too impulsively. This stuff always seems to be what I sell off when needing funds for pieces that better fit my collection, too...its a vicious cycle...lol. Did a good job of this in 2017, hope to continue in 2018!
2) Been wanting an Art Adams piece for years. My number one collecting goal for the year is to acquire a nice Adams piece that fits in my collection. Even going so far as to sell off a bunch of ancillary items in the collection to help fund it. This took a back seat in 2017 due to a sweet Jim Lee Harley Quinn page being available in my budget.
3) If I get the Adams out of the way, I'd also like a nice Anacleto piece. Actually got a Harley Quinn Anacleto commission set up in 2017, no idea when it might be completed, so its still on the goals list.
4) A broad-ranging goal....just want to add some more nice Valkyrie, Gamora, and Harley Quinn published pages to the collection. Nothing super-expensive, just some nice examples. More Pelletier pages would be great.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:04 PM   #23
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

One of my usual goals is to get a Hulk cover each year and I think I have already gotten that taken care of for 2018.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:50 AM   #24
risingstar
Jedi Order

Alex Ross remains on my short list. However, I always have my eye out for something nicely painted. However, this year I may actually move some pieces as I think it may be time for other collectors to enjoy them as much as I did.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:02 AM   #25
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Probably to sell off a chunk of my collection while the gettin's good, hehe.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #26
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Infinity War sale! Save some for part 2 in 2019

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #27
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
We need a popcorn eating emoji. Let us know if you sell. I'd love to keep an eye on the auctions and bump the prices up.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:49 AM   #28
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
We need a popcorn eating emoji. Let us know if you sell. I'd love to keep an eye on the auctions and bump the prices up.

Looks like drew posted stuff on caf, that adams galactus is wonderful.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:02 PM   #29
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
Looks like drew posted stuff on caf, that adams galactus is wonderful.
Yeah, I'm going to slowly start putting stuff up to really trim down the collection. Lots of my "lesser" stuff will probably just go straight to Comic Link for auction (mainly the commissions/sketches from less popular artists).
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:40 AM   #30
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I don't have any 2018 goals for published art- I'll go after something hard if it's a personal "A" level piece, but hope I don't come across more than a couple of those honestly. I somehow got lots of great art this year either for free or criminally cheap. Gotta say I wouldn't mind seeing that trend continue.

My focus is commissions- I'd love to realistically get 5 of them from the main artist I work with (I'd love to get 12, but he's too busy). Already have them picked out, although the order could always switch up. I'm looking very forward to seeing a couple of those in particular completed.
I'll probably end up with the minimum 5 commissions I wanted, plus some others from a couple favorite artists. Great year for me commission wise. Published stuff I didn't break the bank on, so that's great news for my wallet.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote