Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-13-2020, 02:49 PM   #161
dao2
Cyclops

Interesting... though tbh their portrait was the weakest part of the statue for me by far and while that looks better it still doesn't look great. Honestly their faces in general could use work so going for busts doesn't seem like a good choice :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #162
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

maybe so, but I think most of their projects are outsourced to different artists they hire so whoever works on it will probably be different than the 1/6 piece. Vash’s original face was what David Giraud sculpted but I dont know who made the second- whoever it was it was perfection. HxH face sculpts are perfect, I think its really just gonna depend
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #163
dao2
Cyclops

I'm not too much of a fan of the 2nd Vash face. It's very well done sculpt wise, just don't feel like his face in the anime to me though. And yeah we'll see... the teaser isn't amazing for me so far though. Also still waiting for my alucard statue :P

Also looks like the bust is the same heads for the standalone.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:52 AM   #164
dao2
Cyclops

Looks like that is the "bonus" they included for being so delayed and also increasing the ES by 200. Rather nice of them to do so and the bust itself looks great, but the face is still not too great imo. Still a nice gesture. The art print they showed though looks aces!
Old 10-21-2020, 03:58 AM   #165
dao2
Cyclops

Finally got it yesterday, it's been a long wait! It does look great so far from pictures I've seen from people but unfortunately there is some is some pretty serious damage to the top of my demon dog and it's not even a clean break. Part is even reinforced with a metal bar but still apparently took a reak bad enough to break it. I've emailed their support and I hope they pull through.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:08 AM   #166
dao2
Cyclops

And they've asked me to glue it back together and repaint it myself :| ----ing ridiculous, not to mention that it's impossible because it's not a clean break and a chunk if it is in a multitude of tiny pieces.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:24 AM   #167
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sorry to hear that buddy!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:33 AM   #168
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Sorry to hear that buddy!
Yeah it's a little insulting when you see something like this and say "some paint and glue will fix that right up!"

On the top most tendril too, not some pieced tucked away somewhere it's front and center. I will continue insisting on a replacement, and it's bad enough that if they won't replace it I rather just send it back for a full refund even though I was eagerly awaiting this.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #169
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My hound came broken completely in half. They had me send both boxes back and are sending a full replacement. I have seen several others also having their hounds broken in places.
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #170
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkilroy2 View Post
My hound came broken completely in half. They had me send both boxes back and are sending a full replacement. I have seen several others also having their hounds broken in places.
If they wanted me to send it back for a replacement I'd be fine. It would suck, but I'd be fine with it. Instead they just want me to try and fix it myself that I take issue with. The design is reinforced, there's a metal bar in there however the packaging sucks. It's literally rubbing up against the top of the box.