Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-25-2020, 09:56 AM   #3241
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I did see a couple of collectors post pics that were indeed leaning. And not being able to insert the statue fully in is still an issue...
A “leaning issue” is generally a statue that isn’t engineered correctly and begins to lean over time. The images you’re referencing are of a defect that effected some statues, where they didn’t fit into the base properly. Not the same thing. Those statues were defective out of the box and should have been RMA’d. People with a properly fitting statue don’t have to worry about a lean developing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Yeah what are you talking about. You work for GREEDSHOW?

I had prime 1 Batman hush. Sent it back. It was leaning. Pretty sure my last comment on the forum was mine doesn’t lean.

Plus the people on the forums got to be 40% max of consumers.

Just because you got a crappy statue doesn’t mean your on the forums. It takes time my fiend. It takes time.

HELLO Me. MEET THE REAL ME!!!
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:45 PM   #3242
built2shred
Phoenix

I can only speak from my experience on this statue and he went into his base smoothly with no gaps under his feet... But I did wait a while to buy him so I might have gotten a batch that had the issue fixed...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:18 AM   #3243
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Let's be honest here.

There are many reports over Facebook about this statue leaning over time. Hence its knickname of Wolverlean.
Not all of them are but the probability of it leaning does exist. So take that as you want.

Another point, the statue is tiny, it's more like a 1/5 scale to be honest. So much that Bowen statues next to it don't look small. Keep in mind Bowen is 1/7 scale...

Also, this is personal, but I find the waffle-like texture on his body very cheap looking and bland. But that's my opinion.

Recommendation: don't buy this at retail price!!

Rabbid Sideshow sheep incoming in 3, 2 , 1
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:19 AM   #3244
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Let's be honest here.

There are many reports over Facebook about this statue leaning over time. Hence its knickname of Wolverlean.
Not all of them are but the probability of it leaning does exist. So take that as you want.

Another point, the statue is tiny, it's more like a 1/5 scale to be honest. So much that Bowen statues next to it don't look small. Keep in mind Bowen is 1/7 scale...

Also, this is personal, but I find the waffle-like texture on his body very cheap looking and bland. But that's my opinion.

Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #3245
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Let's be honest here.

No sheep here..Wait let me clear my throat first..baas! OK I'm good..Had this piece in the first batch and it was really hard to put in at first but now comes off and on no problems..No lean either so far and its been awhile too..I agree its a little on small size..Sorry but this piece don't look cheap either and it really goes with 1/5 pieces like my Dio hulk Vs wolverine, mainly the hulk piece..Really can't please everybody as you can knock every piece out there..Nothing is perfect..I think its awesome!
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #3246
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

I guess that makes you the annoying worm living in the sheep's bowels that causes diarrhea
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #3247
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Let's be honest here.

I think this piece is perfect representation of a 1/4 scale Wolverine. The footprint of the statue is small, but that doesn't mean he isn't in scale.

You have to remember that Wolverine is 5'3", not the typical 6'+ of other Marvel characters.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #3248
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Costume preferences aside, this is still the best licensed Wolverine sculpt available. If one got a well fitting sculpt to base, it will never lean. I pity the droning, whining collectors who are twisting themselves into knots, and passing on a truly great sculpt, based on a non-issue, especially when you can pick one up for a great price.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:25 AM   #3249
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Costume preferences aside, this is still the best licensed Wolverine sculpt available
Agreed, wonder if we’ll see a variant paint job in the future?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:53 AM   #3250
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Agreed, wonder if we’ll see a variant paint job in the future?
Yup already confirmed a couple of months back. Same pose different costume.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote