Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-25-2020, 06:54 AM   #26171
Vracula
Jedi Order

Terminator Dark Fate WTF???/10

How on Earth did James Cameron green light this and more importantly have a hand in writing this script ? My God talk about pissing on your legacy, from judgement day to this? The story is utter garabage. The CGI looks dated, the REV-9 's look like utter shyte ,Give me Kristanna Lokens T-X any day of the week. But the biggest eff up was what they did with Arnie , wtf was that story ? I burst out laughing. I can't think of any one ruining their legacy the way that Cameron has done with this movie? WOW. ( Before anyone goes there I actually Like Prometheus and Alien Covenant)

+ Mackenzie Davis did a great job and I think she could make a great Ripley like charachter elsewhere.
+ The acting was all ok , I have low standards.
+ Good to see Linda Hamilton in a Terminator movie again , I think she looked great and did a good job with what she had.

-The Story was actually insulting , It was worse I reckon than Terminator Genesis or atleast at the same level
- REV-9's made no sense and looked terrible
- The fight scenes looked bad.
- Arnie ! How the Eff did you agree to this garbage? Shame on you.
- Tim Miller taking on the "woke crowd" with his dumb statements instead of just shutting the hell up and let that toxic spill flow away from him and his movie.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:58 AM   #26172
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Once upon a time in Hollywood - I wasn't sure about this movie after the first viewing, but after I did a bit more research into the background and the times and the characters I watched it again and I realized that Quentin made a really amazing love letter to the golden age of Hollywood, a wonderful mix of reality and fiction that worked so well - 9/10

It's actually my fav Tarantino movie. I loved everything about it. I was glued to the screen from the get go.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:31 AM   #26173
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
It's actually my fav Tarantino movie. I loved everything about it. I was glued to the screen from the get go.
+1

I've watched Once upon a time in Hollywood three times now. It makes for great viewing, even if the story is so so.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #26174
Mclovin50
Fantastic Four

The Laundromat 7/10 - Enjoyable to watch.
The Irishman 7/10 - Enjoyable to watch but not Scorsese's best work.
Mclovin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #26175
protector2814
Phoenix

Togo - 10/10 (on Disney +)

I never considered myself much of an animal-movie guy, but after reading that William Dafoe was in this, I wanted to see his "family movie" follow up to The Lighthouse, figuring this was an intentional move on his part to lighten up on a role. Just amazing is one way of putting it. Taking place in Nome, Alaska in 1925, the film follows a dog-sled team on a life-saving mission, led by a dog named Togo. We time jump from pup to older, seasoned dog so the story is quite fleshed out. Dafoe, as usual, is riviting on-screen & plays a working man so well that I was more than convinced. I've never seen a finer animal performance either. This movie is absolutely gorgeous from start to finish. But, for gosh' sakes .... have a box of tissues near by.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:21 AM   #26176
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Just saw Shazam! for the first time. Pretty entertaining. 8/10.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:57 AM   #26177
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Togo - 10/10 (on Disney +)

I never considered myself much of an animal-movie guy, but after reading that William Dafoe was in this, I wanted to see his "family movie" follow up to The Lighthouse, figuring this was an intentional move on his part to lighten up on a role. Just amazing is one way of putting it. Taking place in Nome, Alaska in 1925, the film follows a dog-sled team on a life-saving mission, led by a dog named Togo. We time jump from pup to older, seasoned dog so the story is quite fleshed out. Dafoe, as usual, is riviting on-screen & plays a working man so well that I was more than convinced. I've never seen a finer animal performance either. This movie is absolutely gorgeous from start to finish. But, for gosh' sakes .... have a box of tissues near by.
I haven't seen this yet but I will and I'm really glad they made it. It is based on a true story and for some reason another dog named Balto got all the credit and a Disney movie and sequel but Togo was the real hero of the true story.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:59 AM   #26178
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Terminator Dark Fate WTF???/10

How on Earth did James Cameron green light this and more importantly have a hand in writing this script ? My God talk about pissing on your legacy, from judgement day to this? The story is utter garabage. The CGI looks dated, the REV-9 's look like utter shyte ,Give me Kristanna Lokens T-X any day of the week. But the biggest eff up was what they did with Arnie , wtf was that story ? I burst out laughing. I can't think of any one ruining their legacy the way that Cameron has done with this movie? WOW. ( Before anyone goes there I actually Like Prometheus and Alien Covenant)

+ Mackenzie Davis did a great job and I think she could make a great Ripley like charachter elsewhere.
+ The acting was all ok , I have low standards.
+ Good to see Linda Hamilton in a Terminator movie again , I think she looked great and did a good job with what she had.

-The Story was actually insulting , It was worse I reckon than Terminator Genesis or atleast at the same level
- REV-9's made no sense and looked terrible
- The fight scenes looked bad.
- Arnie ! How the Eff did you agree to this garbage? Shame on you.
- Tim Miller taking on the "woke crowd" with his dumb statements instead of just shutting the hell up and let that toxic spill flow away from him and his movie.

That's a bold statement (in Travolta Vincent impersonation)
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:56 AM   #26179
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
That's a bold statement (in Travolta Vincent impersonation)
Ok I admit I don’t remember being this pissed off at Genesis , maybe it was far worse but I didn’t care as much? Lol.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:04 AM   #26180
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Ok I admit I don’t remember being this pissed off at Genesis , maybe it was far worse but I didn’t care as much? Lol.

I must be the only person in the world who actually quite enjoyed Genisys? I know it isn't saying too much, but after T1 & T2, it's easily the best of the rest imo.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote