Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 01-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #41
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Don't forget to add the base height as well.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #42
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Don't forget to add the base height as well.
Most of them still don't reach 12", but since this Wolverine is like 60% base, he's gonna seem a lot bigger than he actually is. Without the base, Magneto's like 11 inches.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #43
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Great buys. Honestly Kotobukiya turned me off when they brought out the insanely expensive Marvel Premiere line and practically stopped with Star Wars. Glad Dan is back, because the past 18 months at Koto have been awful. Unfortunately the price on these X-Men statues are too high for me. Sigh.
Totally agree. They seemed to have absolutely no direction once Dan left...glad he’s back. I mainly started collecting because of the Star Wars line and I’m not the biggest fan of the new movies, so that little drought they had with Star Wars releases turned me away. But, I am glad to see we’re getting more prequel and original trilogy characters...hopefully the prices drop and there are more core characters to come. The Premier Line also turned me off, not just because of the price, but the look of each character. I would perhaps be interested if they were all in a classic look, but not current. Hopefully Toy Fair brings some more promising news.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 04:49 PM   #44
masterlei13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
If you still don't believe me Then I don't know what else to do. Hot Toys average scale is 12". 12 inch is true 1/6 scale. Always has been always will be.
woooow!! hot toys are really big. thats why i have 60 pieces of 1/6 and none of them are hot toys be coz they dont really mix well. an average of 11.4 inches or at least 11 inches is just right for my 1/6 collection. thanks a lot for the comparison pictures Deimos.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:56 PM   #45
Vecchio1

Quote:
Most of them still don't reach 12", but since this Wolverine is like 60% base, he's gonna seem a lot bigger than he actually is. Without the base, Magneto's like 11 inches.
The picture you posted. Superman is standing straight up. Magneto's legs are spread apart while using his power. Now wherever you are...stand up and do Magneto's pose. Do you shrink? Grow? What is the technical term for hot toys? Just curious.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:33 PM   #46
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
The picture you posted. Superman is standing straight up. Magneto's legs are spread apart while using his power. Now wherever you are...stand up and do Magneto's pose. Do you shrink? Grow? What is the technical term for hot toys? Just curious.
I knew people would nitpick, thats why I posted that pic comparing the heads to show that the difference in proportions. Its obvious that the proportions are bigger on Supes than Magneto.and yes these are side by side pics, but I concede. I've already proved it so there's nothing more to say on the matter.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #47
masterlei13
Birdman

yup lets not talk about the size matter anymore. in this 1/6 scale hobby, really 11 to 11.5 inches is the true 1/6 scale. kotos artfx and fine arts are 11.4 inches, HX and hard hero are 11.8 inches, DST and PrototypeZ are 11 inches. the new XM 1/6 line are as big as HX base on the pictures ive seen. tweeterheads and HMO are 11.5 inches too. bowen scale is too small and hot toys are too big and not statues too. thats all weve got in this 1/6 world. ikon and some other lines, those i dont know.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #48
gomur
The Tick

I'm excited to hear that the Fine Arts line is continuing. Even more so that Gonk is back in the fold.

I understand the idea of doing Wolverine again: it's been a long time since the first series came out and Koto wants to attract new buyers. But I hope they announce some new characters for us "Fine Arts faithful" sprinkled in between the retreads.

There's a bunch of popular 80s/90s X-Men still needing attention: Beast, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Banshee, Forge, Jubilee. Brotherhood of Evil Mutants like Mystique, Pyro, Avalanche. I'm also hoping the new releases scale well with the statues by Erick.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:01 PM   #49
Vecchio1

Quote:
I knew people would nitpick, thats why I posted that pic comparing the heads to show that the difference in proportions. Its obvious that the proportions are bigger on Supes than Magneto.and yes these are side by side pics, but I concede. I've already proved it so there's nothing more to say on the matter.
Hot toys are dolls bro....haha
Old 01-27-2020, 04:54 PM   #50
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Hot toys are dolls bro....haha
What does that have to do with anything? Just using hot toys because they reach the 1/6 mark. So I guess people can force 1/6 to be 11 to 11.5 inches just because its a statue. Maybe you guys need to look up 1/6 scale, I mean this is just sad. Use 72 and divide by the 6 in 1/6 and you get 12 as in 12 inches. Divide 72 by 4 you get. 18 inches, which is 1/4. Use the same equation for 1/7, 1/8, etc to determine true scales. Some of you guys have been in this hobby a long time and really should know better.