Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-14-2017, 02:55 AM   #21
Jurassic Park
Doh!

I love the Indominus vs. Rexy/Blue models more and more each time I look at them. Can't wait to get the full-sized models in my hands.

Also, I really hope the smaller versions for Universal parks come to fruition, I'd go down and get them all including the ones I order in full-size.
Jurassic Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:17 AM   #22
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, Blue will. Hopefully there will be a painted peg to put in so there won't be a hole if you want to display just the rex.
Cool. Was never a big fan of Blue catching a Ride on the Rex's back. Would much rather display Blue on the base instead.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:59 AM   #23
lordofanime
Frackin!

As with most people here, I'm really starting to get worried about shelf space... and I think Paul said that they're aiming for 7 or 8 JP/JW figures for 2017... yikes! I'm secretly hoping that I don't like most of them haha.

I prefer for them to be on scale with the breakout T-Rex. For cost wise, space wise, and logistics wise... It's a pain to get these if you don't live in the US...

But I'm suupper excited for this! I can't wait for it!
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:38 AM   #24
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

The movement in both rex's is stunning!
Incredible work by the sculptors at ILM.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #25
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
the irex is going to be 30" and the t-rex
I like it. But like others, Im not too keen with the raptor on the back. I'll be passing though since they aren't in scale to breakout. Wish the scales for the scenes would be more consistent with each other, instead of being all over the place.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #26
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I'm not a fan of these fluctuating scales.

Personally I think they should have replicated sideshows trex and raptor diorama on a larger scale instead of this diorama
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #27
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I like it. But like others, Im not too keen with the raptor on the back. I'll be passing though since they aren't in scale to breakout. Wish the scales for the scenes would be more consistent with each other, instead of being all over the place.
Paul said the raptor will be removable and I'm pretty sure the scales are the same between Breakout and Indominous/Rex showdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I'm not a fan of these fluctuating scales.

Personally I think they should have replicated sideshows trex and raptor diorama on a larger scale instead of this diorama
Scales have to fluctuate. If all statues were Breakout scale, the humans and raptors would be tiny. Detail would be sacrificed and people would complain. They have to select a scale that best represents

And I agree, I would love to see Chronicle's take on Sideshow's "when dinosaurs ruled the earth" diorama. I think they would knock it out of the park!
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #28
bradjk1
Fantastic Four

Looks great...but I'll probably just get Indominus since I'm getting the Breakout Rex already and Owen + Blue and have limited space. For me, a diverse range of smaller scale dinos and dioramas will keep me purchasing and give the line legs. Raptors in the kitchen, sick tric, dilophosaurus, etc. - are what I'm looking forward to most. Keep up the great work Chronicle!
bradjk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #29
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

I don't care if you guys don't have space, I want them to be big!!! I make my own shelves so I can make space even if its floating on the wall.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #30
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
Paul said the raptor will be removable and I'm pretty sure the scales are the same between Breakout and Indominous/Rex showdown.
Scales are definitely not the same. Look at the breakout rex in the last pics, and video I posted several pages back, of Paul holding it in front of himself, compared to him holding the other rex and indominus. Clearly they're smaller.

Dont care how you want to explain it, in order for you to justify your purchase. But if I have breakout rex, why am I gonna add a smaller version of rex to my collection? I'd rather keep it consistent and have two rexes the same size, in two different poses. These figs should be going bigger. I'm already a little disappointed seeing the size of breakout. It should have been way bigger in my opinion, given it being the most iconic scene from the series.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote