Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #1
IG-64
Justice League

NYCC Haul - Dodson and Brooks

Managed to get two long time wants of mine in one show. Brooks was especially a surprise - I had written off getting one from him years ago. Also not sure if he’s ever done watercolors on his sketches before. CAF links below as well.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1580843

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1580842
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E6A9152E-CE6E-4B8B-B399-3826EE230E6A.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	126205   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB302744-8103-4903-8726-D2A5F5474A6A.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	126206  
IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Congrats! Black Cat is amazing!
pavehawk78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Beauties! Congrats on these... two great characters by two great artists!

I chased Mark Brooks for several years when he was first making the scene but I never made the cut. Your Black Cat looks fantastic and in watercolors at that!
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I saw that Black Cat on Mark's Insta. Super happy to see it's a SF member's piece It's stunning. I love how it's her old costume and she is cute/sexy.

How did you score a Dodson? I've been trying to figure out how to do that for years.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Gorgeous pieces - congrats!!!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
IG-64
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I saw that Black Cat on Mark's Insta. Super happy to see it's a SF member's piece It's stunning. I love how it's her old costume and she is cute/sexy.

How did you score a Dodson? I've been trying to figure out how to do that for years.
I've also been trying for a few years, it's tough but not as hard as it seems. He has a pretty standardized system at this point, which he lays out in detail on his blog before every show. Basically, he will open his list for a given show at a certain date and time, at which point you can e-mail him your request and he will make a list from the first twenty people who e-mail him. From that list he will pick and choose who he wants to draw. That's half the battle.

The other half, as I found in more recent years, is that Terry has a great memory and eagerness to please his fans, and if you've been on that list enough times, and you chat him up at the show and maybe remind him after you've made the list that you've been trying for a while now, he will definitely remember you, and that can significantly increase your odds.
IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
statman
Baron Zemo

Nice pieces! That Black Cat is fantastic! Congrats!!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #8
Augen
Metal Men

These are beautiful! These artists are among the best in the industry right now. Great job getting original pieces from them both.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #9
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-64 View Post
I've also been trying for a few years, it's tough but not as hard as it seems. He has a pretty standardized system at this point, which he lays out in detail on his blog before every show. Basically, he will open his list for a given show at a certain date and time, at which point you can e-mail him your request and he will make a list from the first twenty people who e-mail him. From that list he will pick and choose who he wants to draw. That's half the battle.

The other half, as I found in more recent years, is that Terry has a great memory and eagerness to please his fans, and if you've been on that list enough times, and you chat him up at the show and maybe remind him after you've made the list that you've been trying for a while now, he will definitely remember you, and that can significantly increase your odds.
Thank for that info! I got lucky and already have a Brooks piece, but I was hunting for Dodson even before then. I shall keep going because I'm going to get a Storm one of these days
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #10
Mean Green
Fantomah

That Brooks piece is awesome - Congrats! I know some member(s) who have been trying for almost a decade so this is definitely a great occassion!
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote