Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #581
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
And if they can do Taskmaster they can do other X-Men characters like... Mr. Sinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yes, him.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:16 PM   #582
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I want that one for sure
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:26 PM   #583
srttoz
Mephisto

I want this now.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:46 AM   #584
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Nice find 101sun! Martin finally posted his digital files. Excited to see more pics of the EX portrait.

Nice little wolverine skull hidden on the base. They had that for the original PF as well.

Man, what beautiful work. A sleeper/keeper masterpiece.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #585
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Wow! Those are some big claims considering what’s come out in last few years . Enthusiasm is great but this is a little much . Enjoy your masterpiece that’s all that matters . For the first time ever I can’t pick SS or XM for Sabretooth. Both are fantastic

Big claims? Too Much? Just look at the above pics, and the rest of the renders/printed unpainted pics of the actual model at artstation.com. If this type of work does not rise to mastersculpt status, or more disturbingly, is not recognized as such, well, we is in trouble.

Not all great works need elaborate bases, multiple switch outs, or weigh a ton to make the grade. There are little gems, where stunningly detailed anatomy, great gesture and movement, and soulful portraits, elevate and capture the essence of a character. I consider this to be one of them, with the recent jean sellout to be another. Without any doubts. Once this thing is delivered, collectors will be floored. And the best part? The appreciation will only get better with time.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:36 AM   #586
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I would love to see these photo’d side by side. This SS version has grown on me.

There’s things I like about both. I like how they play opposites to each other...one bent forward, the other bent back, opposite legs up and hands back. I like the XM head sculpt better, it’s just more what I picture from old school 90s X-Men, and the beard on SS’s annoys me, but I don’t think one could go wrong with either version.

XM Sabes is a great sculpt, second only to SS. But when I see the two pics posted, I can't help picturing the SS grinning Sabes rearing up behind the XM, causing him to ball his eyes out, as he is reaching, running for the nearest exit door. For myself, the SS version conveys more menace and mayhem, giving it a more immediate, dangerous presence. As super villains should be.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #587
CWalker
The Avengers

Just ordered it. Think it's winner. Especially at this price point.

I really don't follow or see the anatomy complaints. Google bodybuilders, find a similar pose.....Looks accurate to me. (shrug)
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #588
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
the SS version conveys more menace and mayhem, giving it a more immediate, dangerous presence. As super villains should be.
Totally agree. Huge XM fan, but that pose is a snoozer.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:19 AM   #589
Mister H
Gen 13

I see where the claims on the SS Sabes are coming from. The torso isn’t proportional to the legs and the length and thickness of some of the muscles are exaggerated, I think that works in the favor of the piece though. Sabes is an over the top savage character but also stealthy and sneaky. The XM is more realistic in terms of how the body actually looks when packed with muscle. They both knock it out of the park but if I were to get one or the other I’d go with XM’ version (just barely). I think it has the prowling cat vibe. This is kind of like a football coach who has two great QBs, a nice problem to have.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #590
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I see where the claims on the SS Sabes are coming from. The torso isn’t proportional to the legs and the length and thickness of some of the muscles are exaggerated, I think that works in the favor of the piece though. Sabes is an over the top savage character but also stealthy and sneaky. The XM is more realistic in terms of how the body actually looks when packed with muscle. They both knock it out of the park but if I were to get one or the other I’d go with XM’ version (just barely). I think it has the prowling cat vibe. This is kind of like a football coach who has two great QBs, a nice problem to have.
the torso definitely looks thick in the pics, but 2D pics tend to distort proportions. IMO in-hand 3D perspective will be the ultimate judge and I'm looking forward to getting this beast next month!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote