Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #151
Sandman585
Hydra

I’m excited there is some hope left for this line. Teela is a must. I’m plus minus on Hordak. I didn’t pick up She-Ra but I do not think she is necessary to have a Hordak. He goes with He-Man just as much imo. I’d like Man at Arms, Sorceress, Beastman, and Trap Jaw.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #152
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I agree. At 1/4 scale prices, we really just need 6 (maybe 7) more characters then call it quits. Reboot in smaller, classic MOTU/PoP poses. That way it doesn't clash with the "modern" or classic line from PCS.

The 5/6 we need to see are: Teela, Sorceress, Hordak, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Battle Cat. I would love Catra (more than any of the other listed) to pair with She-Ra. I also can't decide if Man-At-Arms needs to be made in 1/4. I think he would need to be made in 1/6.
If the goal is to try and get the main core and then reboot, then Man at Arms is an absolute must. Way more than Sorceress. She plays an important role in the mythos, but in the scheme of overall players Man at Arms was more of an impact on the title character, seeing as how he was both Adam and He-Mans mentor. Sorceress is important but I think she comes after MaA. She just doesn’t have a natural counter like He-Man/Skeletor, She-Ra/Hordak, Teela/Evil-Lyn, and Man at Arms/Beastman (both being the main pro/antagonist right hand man.).

On another note, I disagree with the reboot. I’d love to see the line continued in this realistic dark fantasy style. The main baddies would look amazing reimagined, and though it would NEVER happen, I’d love to see but characters in this design. People like Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Zodac, Chief Carnivus. Dreams.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #153
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Thank you. They look great as a group fo sho. Just wanted to see who really had a vested interest in this lineup as opposed to a casual appreciation. When Chad mentioned that once they get approval, he has three characters ready to go to print, he meant it. So if the interest is really there I think this line can go past the usual suspects.
Awesome lineup. My collection looks almost the same. I passed on the classic colors Evil-Lyn, ´cos I´m not a big fan of repaints.

Oh, and I am very invested in this line.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #154
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
If the goal is to try and get the main core and then reboot, then Man at Arms is an absolute must. Way more than Sorceress. She plays an important role in the mythos, but in the scheme of overall players Man at Arms was more of an impact on the title character, seeing as how he was both Adam and He-Mans mentor. Sorceress is important but I think she comes after MaA. She just doesn’t have a natural counter like He-Man/Skeletor, She-Ra/Hordak, Teela/Evil-Lyn, and Man at Arms/Beastman (both being the main pro/antagonist right hand man.).

On another note, I disagree with the reboot. I’d love to see the line continued in this realistic dark fantasy style. The main baddies would look amazing reimagined, and though it would NEVER happen, I’d love to see but characters in this design. People like Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Zodac, Chief Carnivus. Dreams.
As far as I know, that is the direction it will go. The various other scales and looks are licensed to other companies.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #155
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
The Sorceress is a integral part of both She-Ra and He-Man as the keeper of the Swords and Greyskull (which can allow access between Eternia and Etheria). So she doesn't need a counterpart and should stand in the center between the two shows.
And even if you are just collecting He-Man she is 1/3 of the people who know that Adam is He-Man. She also provides the spiritual mentoring of He-Man while MaA is more the practical/physical side of the teachings.

But to each their own. I am hoping they get Sorceress out of the way fast and then I can walk away from the line. Because for me I don't need/ can't afford/have no space to go super deep besides those 5 (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and Sorceress).
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:36 AM   #156
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
As far as I know, that is the direction it will go. The various other scales and looks are licensed to other companies.
Good to hear. A reboot or „continuation“ in other styles or worse scales would end my invest in this line.

A reveal of Hordak or Teela would be appreciated.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:47 AM   #157
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 AM   #158
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
The Sorceress is a integral part of both She-Ra and He-Man as the keeper of the Swords and Greyskull (which can allow access between Eternia and Etheria). So she doesn't need a counterpart and should stand in the center between the two shows.
And even if you are just collecting He-Man she is 1/3 of the people who know that Adam is He-Man. She also provides the spiritual mentoring of He-Man while MaA is more the practical/physical side of the teachings.

But to each their own. I am hoping they get Sorceress out of the way fast and then I can walk away from the line. Because for me I don't need/ can't afford/have no space to go super deep besides those 5 (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and Sorceress).
I don’t question her part in the lore. She is very integral. But if you go by the show, MN at Arms plays a much heavier role. He appears more and has a greater influence on He-Man. She is more of a boss. Here’s your power, here’s the evil, go do good deeds. Man at Arms was a father figure though. But you clearly like her more, no harm in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of the her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

This, sadly, is true. Women sell more than men.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:57 AM   #159
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Sorceress would be a very good seller regardless of the her relevance to the lore, much more than Man at arms imo, non MOTU fans and those who know nothing about the license will be tempted to buy a scantily clad, smokin' hot female in a skin tight bird costume over a middle aged man in strange armor with a mustache.

...so true!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #160
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
This, sadly, is true. Women sell more than men.
1. Is there evidence for this claim?

2. Not sure why it would be sad if true or not.

As someone who collects female statues plenty of lines come out that offer me nothing or an occasional choice. There are those dedicated "female lines" but if there is a general option for an IP at best can hope for is parity.

I really don't think people who collect solely male statues can honestly say they don't have options these days.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote