Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #131
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well there are 2 pictures from the newsletter. Lower angle. They fairly well confirm each other.

Don't have out any pitch forks as I don't believe anything will change but...

I wasn't referring to you. Yeah 2 pics, 2 angles, same lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
Exactly. Why is criticism any less valid than praise? I can only go by the two pics I see. I hope I'm wrong as I love the character and everything else about the statue. It's just the face from what I see...
I didn't say criticism wasn't valid. My point is that there will be an abundance of pictures AND first hand accounts in just a few days. It seems silly to me to draw conclusive opinions under the circumstances. Some have already claimed they aren't buying based on the face.

I think I've done my fair share of criticizing in here BTW... but on things that have nothing to do with photos or lighting.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #132
qz33
Rescue

Well no matter what I am always rooting for PCS even while I want the best She-Ra Filmation statue possible as this is probably the only chance, and I am proud to have POP Culture Shock statues in my home.

Foots did you make that comparison?

Lemme send this to my best friend. He's a He-Man nut that doesn't hang around statue so I want to see what some fresh eyes have to say.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #133
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well no matter what I am always rooting for PCS even while I want the best She-Ra Filmation statue possible as this is probably the only chance, and I am proud to have POP Culture Shock statues in my home.

Foots did you make that comparison?
I agree. No I didn't. It was posted on another forum.

Personally I think the lighting makes the face much more rounded than it is. The in progress head which I'm sure is the same sculpt looks to have more defined cheek bones. Either way we will find out in a few days.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #134
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The key thing here is -- it's a great statue and the only 1:4 She-Ra statue that diehard fans may ever see.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #135
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm glad people are happy with the EX but I sure don't need a Kowl hovering around her transformation sequence.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #136
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
I'm glad people are happy with the EX but I sure don't need a Kowl hovering around her transformation sequence.
Then leave it for the people that do
Makes about as much sense as Orko by He-Man's transformation or Zoar above The Sorceress.
Point is the EX is huge when you get an extra character, and its an important character too. No way these smaller characters ever get produced on their own. I already tried..............Jerry said no
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #137
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
No way these smaller characters ever get produced on their own. I already tried..............Jerry said no
which blows, especially in Orko's case since he's one of the stars of the dang show and appears in more episodes than pretty much anybody else.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #138
RadicalThrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
which blows, especially in Orko's case since he's one of the stars of the dang show and appears in more episodes than pretty much anybody else.
I feel your pain Yac. ...... A Trollan pack (Orko, Montork, Dree Elle) or perhaps a life size Orko could have filled that void......but we know where that idea went

Old 03-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #139
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
Then leave it for the people that do
Makes about as much sense as Orko by He-Man's transformation
Actually Orko may not be in the same scene as Prince Adam's transformation to He-Man, but he has been shown a few times to be floating in a separate scene clapping for Adam as he transforms to He-Man. Cringer is not in He-Man's iconic scene either, but he's there too, fearfully waiting to be transformed to Battle Cat in a separate scene. So yes, I'd say Orko flying around as he's depicted in the statue makes sense.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #140
RadicalThrasher

Kowl would make sense too, as he has seen She-Ra transform and been close by many times.Swiftwind would be close by and transformed just like Cringer.So I think Kowl makes sense, same as He-Man/Orko, Sorceress/Zoar, Hordak/Imp.