Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #141
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Super easy (2 part) answer and it has nothing to do with the execution of this statue, which at this point is a rock solid release in the MM line.

1) PCS reputation blows. Nuff said.

2) Statue Collecting (in its current state) now blows. You may find people who’ll spend $750.00 on Cable or $1,350.00 on Hulk, but we’re way past the threshold of what the niche market of Street Fighter collectors are going to pay. Especially for tiny 1:4 females. She’s like $450.00 right?

Guaranteed P1 Street Fighter isn’t running long either.
#1 totally, they are a bunch of lying thieves. They have destroyed their reputation.

Pay the people back what you owe them so this dark cloud has a chance to dissipate.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:49 AM   #142
MaxGoof
Nightwing

I think another factor in Sakura’s slow sales has to be the choice of exclusive: an art print. Extra switch-out parts help sell Exclusives, but I just don’t believe that an art print is enough of an incentive to make someone jump for a $450 Statue.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:39 PM   #143
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
I think another factor in Sakura’s slow sales has to be the choice of exclusive: an art print. Extra switch-out parts help sell Exclusives, but I just don’t believe that an art print is enough of an incentive to make someone jump for a $450 Statue.
I have to admit, the Art print should ship with all pieces. EX should only apply to extra's such as portraits.

Given the basic nature of the piece, and simple base $450 should possibly be $400. $450 is only $50 short of $500 and $500 pieces normally have a more meaningful base design.

Will Sideshow slash $150 of Sakura? as they tend to price reduce PCS pieces rapidly. The Kessler Wolf had something like $100 knocked off it's price, while those who had pre_order were waiting for their pieces to arrive.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #144
qz33
Rescue

While these are all good valid points, y'all are thinking too hard.

Nobody wants to pay for this, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have to admit, the Art print should ship with all pieces. EX should only apply to extra's such as portraits.

Given the basic nature of the piece, and simple base $450 should possibly be $400. $450 is only $50 short of $500 and $500 pieces normally have a more meaningful base design.

Will Sideshow slash $150 of Sakura? as they tend to price reduce PCS pieces rapidly. The Kessler Wolf had something like $100 knocked off it's price, while those who had pre_order were waiting for their pieces to arrive.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #145
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

She will probably be had for massive discount free shipping at some point unfortunately. Look at what ss is pricing zangief ultra truly sad.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:54 PM   #146
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

All those PCS Street Fighters go for barely 200 Euro on Ebay, why buy now? Even those with low ES like the Blue Oro, Pilgrim or blue Alex. If they at least would keep 3/4 of their retail, but they don't. Also for international buyers it's an additional 200 USD for shipping and import fees. That makes 650 USD in total.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #147
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Wonderful statue, woulda been perfect at 350.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #148
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
All those PCS Street Fighters go for barely 200 Euro on Ebay, why buy now? Even those with low ES like the Blue Oro, Pilgrim or blue Alex. If they at least would keep 3/4 of their retail, but they don't. Also for international buyers it's an additional 200 USD for shipping and import fees. That makes 650 USD in total.
Chris
I bet Sakura has been snapped up by fans of the character, as they've been making requests for ages. Who knows if the piece will become waitlisted or price dropped?

I know when Street Fighter - Laura goes up for pre_order, i'm in
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #149
dao2
Cyclops

I ordered it.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #150
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The final prototype of this turned out really good. I really like the size of the eyes with the smiling portrait and hope we get some sweet pictures from those who buy her.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote