Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 PM   #41
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
A real bonus?
Reflect on how they've conditioned your thinking.

Paying $1,500 is a deal to get a crown, cape, and some shoulder pads that all complete a character they aren't even included with since it could have been split between $2,100?
Instead of say a discount for those fool enough to buy all 3?

Don't let anyone fool you, most of all yourself, this "line" is going nowhere.

Truly the insanity has reached madness.
Since I wanted Skywarp from the beginning and was always going to get him, It's nice that they aren't dangling that carrot out there trying to tempt people into all three.

I'd already agreed that these are more expensive than anyone expected but guess what, Transformers is the license I collect. So while it's more expensive than other licensed goods out there, there is also a lot less of it (especially if you nix the live action movies).

However, thanks for telling me how conditioned I am, even though I'm not the one who seems to have an active campaign against any particular producer like some people in here who may or may not have been burnt in the past.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #42
qz33
Rescue

That's fine. I evaluate each company's decisions separately as to whether good or bad.
Nothing wrong with wanting 2 or all 3 but selling parts for a statue with another statue is a crap move any which way you split it especially between what are truly nothing more than colored variants.

Something bad isn't made any better by the potential for something worse.
The potential for something better makes it worse.

Plenty of people would pay a premium to get those parts but not the price of a whole 2nd statue at whatever price but that price makes the "carrot" horrible as is. I don't know of any other occurrence of this desperate a move in this hobby. It's greasy and one that potential customers should show their displeasure with. Calling it "nice" or a "bonus" are misnomers.

You may see it as a positive while other like myself a negative but either way it's just another PCS rub like so many others in the past that some customers will accept tolerate they realize how they have been treated all along.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #43
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
That's fine. I evaluate each company's decisions separately as to whether good or bad.
Nothing wrong with wanting 2 or all 3 but selling parts for a statue with another statue is a crap move any which way you split it especially between what are truly nothing more than colored variants.
Out of curiosity, ignoring PCS's ill will. How do you feel about XM adding extra parts between their line to sell their next statue?

Keep in mind this may not be happening at all now because were getting the holo-hand with Optimus.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #44
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Out of curiosity, ignoring PCS's ill will. How do you feel about XM adding extra parts between their line to sell their next statue?

Keep in mind this may not be happening at all now because were getting the holo-hand with Optimus.
XM, Prime1, PCS any of them ifthats the only way it's available it's crap.

Now if they want to sell it separately and offer it for free with another statue as a bonus that's fine.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:20 PM   #45
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
<snip>
I'd much rather the repaints be announced up front, and then include something extra, than to have it like Sideshow, release a statue, then 6 months later, re-release the same statue with a different (normally better) paint job.

That's the worst.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:29 AM   #46
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

They should had just add the crown, shoulder pads and cape to Star Scream for free. Really stupid why it would be bundle for free with Thundercracker and Skywarp since they never even wore it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #47
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
They should had just add the crown, shoulder pads and cape to Star Scream for free. Really stupid why it would be bundle for free with Thundercracker and Skywarp since they never even wore it.
Their genius thinking is so that you can buy all 3 but they forget this isn’t a $300.00 stAtue.

I don’t agree with anything from any company being free but it should of been included in starscream purchase price during or even if PO already happened or sold separate like juri and Ken ultra energy.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #48
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Why is PCS releasing so many color versions of this terrible statue when no one cared for the original starscream. Is this company seriously retarded
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #49
craigcliff1
Zot

new photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kingss.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	120371  
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #50
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Why is PCS releasing so many color versions of this terrible statue when no one cared for the original starscream. Is this company seriously retarded
While I wholeheartedly agree that they're lazy repaints, and the 'collect 'em all' strategy being employed is dumb, cartoon G1 fans are, I'd argue, more dedicated to collecting than Marvel/DC fans and they do want stuff like this.

These are in my shortlist for the future. No urgency to PO given the price and TBD ES, heh.

Honestly, I don't see how arm switch-outs couldn't be done. There are no seams to be worried about.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote