Kindly Asked To Leave

i loved,, specially the fact fights are in the day
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:51 PM   #53
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Something about it just seems off compared to the original. Has more of a Power Rangers feel to me than the larger than life epic monster movie feel of the first. I think Guillermo del Toro's touch might be what's missing.
i agree 100% - i was thinking "tranformer" vibe but i think PR is a better fit. despite its flaws you could tell del toro put a lot of love into that first movie, if you watch the making of clips you can see the thought that went into each and every component of that film. this just looks like a lot of flash with little substance
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #54
Luminous
Cyclops

Something definitely feels off about this trailer. Visually (minus the design of the Jaegers themselves) it looks like a proper sequel. However, the vibe/tone of the trailer didn't seem right. So the only reason I have any sort of hope for the film is that it could just not be a great trailer. I mean, I don't mind hip-hop in my trailers. I actually think they work great sometimes. Here though it just didn't work, IMO.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:28 PM   #55
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Something about it just seems off compared to the original. Has more of a Power Rangers feel to me than the larger than life epic monster movie feel of the first. I think Guillermo del Toro's touch might be what's missing.
I agree. This has a different feel to it than the original, which was one of my all time favorite giant robot/giant monster movies. It looks more "Bay" esque to be honest. BUT, I'll still be there on opening night hoping for the best!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:23 AM   #56
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Something definitely feels off about this trailer. Visually (minus the design of the Jaegers themselves) it looks like a proper sequel. However, the vibe/tone of the trailer didn't seem right. So the only reason I have any sort of hope for the film is that it could just not be a great trailer. I mean, I don't mind hip-hop in my trailers. I actually think they work great sometimes. Here though it just didn't work, IMO.
The biggest change is that the original film was visually "darker". Battles took place a night, in space or under water, except for the 15 seconds we get to see Striker fight in daylight.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #57
Python
Omega Red

I really like the first one, this is doing nothing at all for me so far. That trailer almost plays out like one of those copy cat budget movies ripping the original to me. Some of the effects are there, although it all looks very digital. Everything else just seems off.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #58
statman
Baron Zemo

Generally, I liked what I saw, though I agree that something felt off in this trailer, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #59
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That awful music definitely didn't help. It should compliment the visuals, not distract you from the on screen action. Look at the Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarock teasers or The Punisher trailer on Netflix for examples of how to incorporate modern day music into trailers correctly.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #60
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I know there were alot of complaints for the film having mainly night time fights, but maybe I was in the minority for being one who actually really enjoyed having the Kaiju fights at night in the first film. It helped separate the film from the likes of Transformers and Godzilla. Now it just seems to be another robot film, and has a lot it's dark Guillermo spectacle
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote