Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-28-2017, 08:22 AM   #861
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

If I listened to what the forums wanted and relied on the forums alone for business, I would have been out of business a long time ago.

I didn't say it wasn't selling well, it's just not selling out fast. Checked today and of the 300 pieces being made 260 are claimed, that's a huge success, but not a sell out winner.

I'm glad you take joy in something not selling as well based on your idea of what it should have looked like.

Having worked with the factory very closely on this one to ensure it's quality, I believe this will be one of my favorite JP products to date.

Paul

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 07-28-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #862
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It's definitely going to be one of my Favorite pieces to own! You did a great job with this raptor Paul. I was hoping for TLW version to be released as well, but I understand why it's been nixed.
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #863
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

eye comment...

nevermind...found and watched a video that answered my question
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #864
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

glad to hear you guys are making sure quality is top notch. Yes, it takes longer for product to ship, but we will get way better quality product.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:54 AM   #865
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
So I guess the thousands of people who visited your booth at last years con,and unanimously loved the open mouth version didn't come through for you Paul?

Well there's a shocker,the version most ppl wanted you didn't sell.Probably should of listened to all the forum members who told you the pose on TLW was better and preferred,or at least tweak the version you did put up for order because of the anime look,but you chose not to listen to friendly constructive criticism.Best part now is the bust that isn't sellin well has become a steal at 1200 usd,good luck with that
The guys at Chronicle got off their back sides to finally make Jurassic props & dinosaurs available to us all.
They do listen to fans on this forum and have made changes to some products to accomodate where possible, but we shouldn't forget that its their business and they and only they have the right to make the final decision on any product they sell.
Without these guys we'd have very little in the way of quality Jurassic props.
If you're not happy with what they do maybe you should've got off your back side and applied for your own licence.

250 + raptors sold out of 300, in less than 12 months, doesn't sound like an item thats not selling to me!
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #866
Heirophant
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
So I guess the thousands of people who visited your booth at last years con,and unanimously loved the open mouth version didn't come through for you Paul?

Well there's a shocker,the version most ppl wanted you didn't sell.Probably should of listened to all the forum members who told you the pose on TLW was better and preferred,or at least tweak the version you did put up for order because of the anime look,but you chose not to listen to friendly constructive criticism.Best part now is the bust that isn't sellin well has become a steal at 1200 usd,good luck with that

Classic JP female is the one 90% of potential customers would buy, like it or not. If you don't like the look, it's easy... don't buy it.

Just a reminder:

"You must remember that we work closely with Universal and this was a unanimous call with Amblin, Universal and Chronicle. We aren't the final say when it comes to JP."

Can't wait to get mine!
Heirophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #867
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
If I listened to what the forums wanted and relied on the forums alone for business, I would have been out of business a long time ago.

I didn't say it wasn't selling well, it's just not selling out fast. Checked today and of the 300 pieces being made 260 are claimed, that's a huge success, but not a sell out winner.

I'm glad you take joy in something not selling as well based on your idea of what it should have looked like.

Having worked with the factory very closely on this one to ensure it's quality, I believe this will be one of my favorite JP products to date.

Paul
I agree if you listened to the forum all the time,it would be unwise,however on this one you clearly were all about what the sdcc booth visitors feedback was,and didn't even take any consideration to what long time forum members were saying.

Correct you didn't say the bust wasn't sellin well,you said sales were flat,maybe I used a poor choice of words...but now this morning it's become a huge success with 260 out 300 sold,so which one is it? Sales are a bit flat or a huge success?

I actually take no joy in whether your products sell well or not,I am not that petty,nor do i personally care enough about you to think like that.I am more disappointed than anything,because now fans who wanted TLW version get nothing and at the same time your company doesn't get to make other versions which means we all kinda lose out.Ive supported CC since the terror dog,but your take it or leave it attitude on this bust was a sideshow move,and now your raptor bust line starts and finishes with 1 product.Also when did a 1200 usd bust become a steal? It's a nice bust,but it ain't no steal.Time to move on,good day Paul
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #868
Boogeyman13
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

As someone who has zero interest in a TLW raptor, and only buys props exclusively from the first film, thanks Paul for not listening to some of the complainers here and going with the classic look! And with the early bird discounted pre-order and payment plan, $1000 was a great price! Thank you for proving me wrong when I thought my collection was complete.
Boogeyman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #869
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Haven't set foot in the Chronicle section in ages, and it's mostly because of what Ricky Bobby has said.

Short summary of my observations:

I feel like Paul(?) has hyped up products to no end, acts like they're almost impossible to make, and when they finally are released they're underwhelming as hell.

I can't believe I'm actually not excited at all about licensed Jurassic Park collectibles. I was psyched about everything they had planned, especially the 1:1 raptor busts. The disappointing paint app on the male TLW Rex bust put a big dent in my excitement, and seeing the absolutely lifeless and awkward pose on the raptor bust pretty much killed it.

They seem to make excuse after excuse about why they can't make/add something plenty of other companies do for their customers with great success.

I've spoken with other people in the past who share my opinion and would not risk speaking up about it because of the typical white knight defenders (every company has them)

Anyway, that's my view. No offense to Chronicle
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #870
FROBAY
Phoenix

I and many others here absolutley love Chronicles JP collectibles. Keep the good work up Paul. You can't please everyone.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote