Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-28-2017, 10:08 PM   #871
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirophant View Post
Classic JP female is the one 90% of potential customers would buy, like it or not. If you don't like the look, it's easy... don't buy it.

Just a reminder:

"You must remember that we work closely with Universal and this was a unanimous call with Amblin, Universal and Chronicle. We aren't the final say when it comes to JP."

Can't wait to get mine!
It wasn't the JP1 colors he was talking about, it was the more closed mouth version most of us preferred. The thousands of people at SDCC apparently overwhelmingly loved the open mouth version which is why they went that way, yet they are not buying it so that was his point. I wanted both versions so I got one anyway, but were I to choose the more closed mouth was my preference(painted JP1 also).

$1200 is a good price for this, most any random life size bust is $700-1000.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:32 PM   #872
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Haven't set foot in the Chronicle section in ages, and it's mostly because of what Ricky Bobby has said.

Short summary of my observations:

I feel like Paul(?) has hyped up products to no end, acts like they're almost impossible to make, and when they finally are released they're underwhelming as hell.

I can't believe I'm actually not excited at all about licensed Jurassic Park collectibles. I was psyched about everything they had planned, especially the 1:1 raptor busts. The disappointing paint app on the male TLW Rex bust put a big dent in my excitement, and seeing the absolutely lifeless and awkward pose on the raptor bust pretty much killed it.

They seem to make excuse after excuse about why they can't make/add something plenty of other companies do for their customers with great success.

I've spoken with other people in the past who share my opinion and would not risk speaking up about it because of the typical white knight defenders (every company has them)

Anyway, that's my view. No offense to Chronicle
CC is a relatively new company and they are learning. they are applying new QC protocols to make sure the product is within standars BEFORE they leave the factory. lets give them a chance.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:09 AM   #873
Jurassic Park
Doh!

Disappointing to hear that the TLW 1:1 raptor won't be happening. This would be my fastest pre-order of anything, ever. Everything about it was perfect. The mouth was posed perfectly and the TLW raptor is by far the best looking JP raptor. CC did a great job replicating the color scheme. I would even go for a TLW raptor bust posed like the raptor on the cover of Trespasser. That's how open-mouthed an open mouth raptor should be, looks great and not static like the JP bust. I hope Paul and the team change their minds down the road and find a way to do the TLW 1:1 raptor cost effectively.
Jurassic Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #874
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Was hoping for a series of 1:1 raptors, but that's okay. Glad i got mine. Truly going to be magnificent.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:13 AM   #875
Parallax
Nightwing

Personally I'm relieved to see that the other raptor busts won't be happening. I don't need that temptation in my life. While I'm not someone who is going to buy exclusively Jurassic Park stuff, I definitely prefer Jurassic Park over The Lost World, JPIII, and Jurassic World. If the Lost World bust had been the one released, I would not have purchased it. That being said, I'd definitely be on board for maquettes of each JP Velocirapor. Especially the JPIII ones.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:25 AM   #876
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

The fact that these big beautiful pieces are not being made is concerning. Hope the line flourishes enough to warrant a second look at this.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:31 AM   #877
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
The fact that these big beautiful pieces are not being made is concerning. Hope the line flourishes enough to warrant a second look at this.
Profit margin is probably not there. Maybe in a few years when these are selling for $2K+ on eBay they will.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:31 AM   #878
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Glad to hear they're shipping soon - as someone who doesn't collect movie replicas at all, pre-ordering this is a huge leap of faith that I'm really excited about. I can't wait to see what it's like in person.
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:20 AM   #879
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
I think if the new QC practices yield results you'll see the line doing better, I think the biggest factor comes from people receiving these and posting pictures on social media, if the pieces have that "wow" factor I think you'll see more of these items selling out, I'm only 3 payments in on my Raptor bust (on a 10 month plan) so I won't be one if the first to get one but if it comes back looking as good as we all hope it will I have no doubt the rest of the run of these will sell out.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #880
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I think if the new QC practices yield results you'll see the line doing better, I think the biggest factor comes from people receiving these and posting pictures on social media, if the pieces have that "wow" factor I think you'll see more of these items selling out, I'm only 3 payments in on my Raptor bust (on a 10 month plan) so I won't be one if the first to get one but if it comes back looking as good as we all hope it will I have no doubt the rest of the run of these will sell out.
Agreed
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote