Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #111
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirawynter View Post
I'd love an EX of a switch out head, a weapon would be odd as she doesn't use anything other than mjolnir.
Not to mention the fact that when not in possession of Mjolnir, she reverts to her previous sickly (cancer) state.

It's an interesting choice for the character where the thing that gives her power (Mjolnir) is the same thing that's ultimately killing her (since the Thor transformation burns all chemo progress from her body each time, so when reverting back to Jane she's sicker than previous)
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #112
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
She's never been shown without her helmet in Thor form in the comics as far as I know.
I can actually see this as having no EX at all. If anything, perhaps a piece added to the base (no idea what). Having a change of anything for this character makes no sense
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #113
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The bishoujo statue She Thor looks beautiful with the unmasked portrait! So why can't SS give this the same coh?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #114
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
And if you read this and are about to call me racist then you are the problem.
I understand your disdain for being upset about major changes to characters you love, but how exactly is it insulting?

All they did was make changes to these major characters so that the major character base now largely reflects the population instead of being all white.

Also, race/gender/sexuality adds some depth to the character.

Have you read any of the new series? They're great reads man.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #115
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
I understand your disdain for being upset about major changes to characters you love, but how exactly is it insulting?

All they did was make changes to these major characters so that the major character base now largely reflects the population instead of being all white.

And in reality with Thor and Iron man they didn't change the charater, they actually did make it a new(well janes old but new in this sense) character and the Old character didn't see any crazy change.

Its like Wally West becoming Flash, people -----ed about Barry but in the end Wally became one of the most loved iterations of the character even after Barry came back.

Making it political just because they're using characters that reflect an ever growing part of the population is just short sighted. Look around on the street, people are all different. Comics are just catching up, thats all.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #116
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

I think it's insulting because no one can even get any new characters. Just versions of other characters. My whole thing is these are fictional characters and it's not like there is a finite amount of them. Make new amazing characters.

I haven't been following the new series. I read Secret Wars and actually loved it. Then I read the remake of Infinity Gauntlet and hated it so much I swore off new comics. The only current one I'm reading now is Thanos, 2 issues in and it's excellent.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:32 PM   #117
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Oh please. So now the make believe comic universe needs to reflect actual demographics...Guess they will be roasting Howard the Duck soon. Plus, Marvel and DC are pumping out loads of garbage. Depth...I beg to differ. Pandering. Whining about how she wasn't good enough for Thor, then blaming Odin for her cancer while punching him. Awful. oops, spoiler.

Plus, and this is really my biggest issue, calling her Thor. Since this is a male name, based on lore, completely inappropriate she would be called that, or, steal someone's birth name.

Plus, the MASSIVE PR campaign that accompanied this change. Nothing about this was organic.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #118
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I think it's insulting because no one can even get any new characters. Just versions of other characters. My whole thing is these are fictional characters and it's not like there is a finite amount of them. Make new amazing characters.

I haven't been following the new series. I read Secret Wars and actually loved it. Then I read the remake of Infinity Gauntlet and hated it so much I swore off new comics. The only current one I'm reading now is Thanos, 2 issues in and it's excellent.

As Josh stated your perspective seems a bit short-sighted. For years there have been numerous versions and variations of Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, etc and it sure as hell seems that the largest public outcries have been when those variations have deviated race and gender. This truly baffles me since these new variations on popular characters have only worked to increase the fanbase of that character and reach out to demographics that quite frankly haven't had a Thor or a Spider-man to aspire to as a child.

Also, the recommendation to leave these characters alone and instead create new characters isn't always a viable option since these franchises have a built-in fanbase that allows for characters like Jane Foster and Kamala Khan to reach an overwhelmingly larger audience that they would not have as a new property. Again, it just baffles me that anyone who enjoys comics would be against something that has introduced new readers to the world of comics and an increase in revenue which allows for more of those new characters you're supposedly clamoring for.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #119
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Oh please. So now the make believe comic universe needs to reflect actual demographics...Guess they will be roasting Howard the Duck soon. Plus, Marvel and DC are pumping out loads of garbage. Depth...I beg to differ. Pandering. Whining about how she wasn't good enough for Thor, then blaming Odin for her cancer while punching him. Awful. oops, spoiler.

Plus, and this is really my biggest issue, calling her Thor. Since this is a male name, based on lore, completely inappropriate she would be called that, or, steal someone's birth name.

Plus, the MASSIVE PR campaign that accompanied this change. Nothing about this was organic.
I love comics being not real, so you have a good point. It's my get away from the everyday world with loads of stress. I love all the unreal things in comics even though I don't read them. I love flipping through the pages and seeing the pictures which does tell a story. Still love all the most unreal stuff like the 80s-90s most. These days I can tell most comics are trying to aim for real people in super heroe costumes from the movies transferring into comics.
Wow as for this she Thor didn't know she has cancer? So if she removes her helmet will she be hot looking like the bishoujo statue of her? A coh with long blond hair would be an instant buy from me. Please SS make it happen with the ex coh!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #120
jcasalone
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I never knew magneto was jewish until the movie, and even then, the idea of magneto has always been that of anti-xavier.
Magneto being Jewish actually plays a big factor into his character because Magneto tragically becomes the person he despised the most, Hitler. Magneto believes that Mutants are superior to their fellow man and should be the ones to rule, just like Hitler did when it came to the people of the Jewish faith (and gays, handicapped, gypsies,etc)/(mind you there is much more to this but I am adhering to brevity). It is what makes Magneto (and the Red Hulk, to a lesser extent) such a tragically beautiful character.
jcasalone is offline   Reply With Quote