Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #441
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Cyclops is such a disappointment considering how well done the new X-Men line is. One of the most important X characters and his ES is lower than Mr. Freeze and Scarecrow. I'm sticking with my old Cyclops.
I hated the old Cyclops with the weird deformed EX head and just staring off into space. This one is improved version of that for sure, but boring as heck it is. I hope that someone will come out with a custom base?

As a set Jean pairs well with Cyclops will probably look cool, and maybe they intended them to both be a set, rather than over do one or the other ?

I prefer the details on the SS, the XM belt is odd artistic looking X and its textures is just ok. But the XM regular pose is better, not a fan of the looking up screaming with brown teeth. Still XM isn't really all that exciting for the price tag IMO.

I wish i had the money for the custom cyclops.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #442
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Cyclops is such a disappointment considering how well done the new X-Men line is. One of the most important X characters and his ES is lower than Mr. Freeze and Scarecrow. I'm sticking with my old Cyclops.
Same. This new one is just not better enough for me to go through the trouble of replacing the OG.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:57 PM   #443
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think this piece is a sign of the times. It's ok, helps fill in the X-Men line, but it's just not great. And if it's going to cost you over $650, that is a lot of money even for a payment plan. That is the reality check.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #444
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I hated the old Cyclops with the weird deformed EX head and just staring off into space. This one is improved version of that for sure, but boring as heck it is. I hope that someone will come out with a custom base?

As a set Jean pairs well with Cyclops will probably look cool, and maybe they intended them to both be a set, rather than over do one or the other ?

I prefer the details on the SS, the XM belt is odd artistic looking X and its textures is just ok. But the XM regular pose is better, not a fan of the looking up screaming with brown teeth. Still XM isn't really all that exciting for the price tag IMO.

I wish i had the money for the custom cyclops.
I don't think anyone in the right mind uses the unmasked portrait on the OG LOL. And this new one, even with so many portrait options, didn't give us an unmasked portrait at all.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #445
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I don't think anyone in the right mind uses the unmasked portrait on the OG LOL. And this new one, even with so many portrait options, didn't give us an unmasked portrait at all.
Ya an unmasked portrait would have been cool, but to me the regular hair he looks like such a doofus. The sizzle looks tacky as well.

Only the action hair looks good, with/without optic blast visor. Some of the customs did it right including a portrait with the optic blast breaking apart the visors.

No ones talking about it, but at least the bulge is comic accurate, team lead packing......

Last edited by moyiori; 01-15-2020 at 03:38 PM. Reason: added
Old 01-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #446
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

I think this piece is a sign of the times. It's ok, helps fill in the X-Men line, but it's just not great. And if it's going to cost you over $650, that is a lot of money even for a payment plan. That is the reality check.

Very true my friend. It's like the brown suit wolverine also: its one of those statues that are ok but not worth getting and when you go back and look at it it can have so many more improvements with adding more details and better paint apps.

Sideshow tries to purposely take out detail to help justify higher prices with statues that have more detail.

They throw out a couple of ok pieces, and stinkers though out the year to Make people feel like the super high prices on good pieces are justified:

Unfortunately this is just one of the ok pieces that as a collector you can always live without.

Sideshow will do another one in 1.5 years based on their recent business model
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:54 PM   #447
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Another Wolverine in 1.5 years more likely, another Cyclops in 1.5 years is unlikely.

Maybe another in 3-5 years........unless they are planning doing smaller ES of each statue. I don't think they can be selling 1-2K worth of Cyclops every 1.5 years
Old 01-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #448
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I’ve been waiting for this pf but I can’t pull the trigger.i hate the base. cyclops looks awesome but the base sucks just doesn’t match to me i would of loved it to be danger room based but hey what can you do
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:17 PM   #449
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

There's the rub. I mean, cyclops' character design is basic so no issue for me there -- it's just the price for what you get...
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #450
SONICobra
Batman

i really like this piece, i dont love it though. i think the sculpt is really good and dont mind the base but the pose is so similar to either of the wolverine statues i would display it with. im not sure how they would look together, might look like theyre copying each other i do think this is one of those pieces that will look better in person than it does in pictures
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote