Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-22-2024, 12:54 AM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I think for me, I am really loving the line up. It is such a classic Avengers line up. That is what I liked about Jason Aaron's run (though I do feel that Jason stayed at the part 12 issues too long and things could have been wrapped up sooner than when it was).
If it was Steve/Cap rather than Sam/Cap, I might agree. But the art also throws me. Just not my cup of tea.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:00 AM   #12
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can agree with you about the falcon being captain America
I know it’s only being done because of the movies, but I’d rather see him go back to be the falcon

Of course why we don’t have a second avengers title, with maybe Captain America leading that team and other members is beyond me. How do we start a pain to bring back the west coast Avengers or maybe the uncanny avengers title on a regular basis?
I don’t feel we need five avengers titles, but I think having a second avengers title, with some other members would be good. I think two titles on a regular basis would be enough.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:20 AM   #13
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Holy Moly, 50 issues worth of tie ins... Jed McKay is name which i hear more and more lately. I haven't read anything from him yet though.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 03:09 AM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Holy Moly, 50 issues worth of tie ins... Jed McKay is name which i hear more and more lately. I haven't read anything from him yet though.
I?m reading his Avengers run and find it a bit mind numbing. A lot of sound and fury signifying?not much, yet. Also, the art from CF Villa?s kind of sloppy.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:48 AM   #15
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I?m reading his Avengers run and find it a bit mind numbing. A lot of sound and fury signifying?not much, yet. Also, the art from CF Villa?s kind of sloppy.
You don't like the run, huh. Well, i can live with some bad art, if the writing is solid for example the early parts of Gaiman's Sandman, but i can't stand a comics if the writing is bad and art is good. It is not like, i don't care about art, but yeah, the writing is more important for me. It is what makes or breaks a book for me.

for example / Kingdom Come is one of my favorite DC Books, but i don't like Justice because unlike Kingdom Come, the writing of Justice is bad. It still got the amazing Alex Ross art, but the writing is not there.

Did you read Jed Mackay's Black Cat run ? i believe an Omnibus of it came out recently. I heard good things about it, people say comedy is the strong point of Jed Mackay, the Black Cat run of his is really funny. And Sam Wilson is back to being Captain America again ??? what happened to Steve Rogers this time ??? I am a DC guy so my Marvel knowledge is not as good as my DC Knowledge, but i follow even DC as Omnibuses now, so my DC Knowledge is dated now as well.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:25 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’ve not read his Black Cat. Agree completely on the power of great writing, even over great art.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:04 PM   #17
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
You don't like the run, huh. Well, i can live with some bad art, if the writing is solid for example the early parts of Gaiman's Sandman, but i can't stand a comics if the writing is bad and art is good. It is not like, i don't care about art, but yeah, the writing is more important for me. It is what makes or breaks a book for me.

for example / Kingdom Come is one of my favorite DC Books, but i don't like Justice because unlike Kingdom Come, the writing of Justice is bad. It still got the amazing Alex Ross art, but the writing is not there.

Did you read Jed Mackay's Black Cat run ? i believe an Omnibus of it came out recently. I heard good things about it, people say comedy is the strong point of Jed Mackay, the Black Cat run of his is really funny. And Sam Wilson is back to being Captain America again ??? what happened to Steve Rogers this time ??? I am a DC guy so my Marvel knowledge is not as good as my DC Knowledge, but i follow even DC as Omnibuses now, so my DC Knowledge is dated now as well.
Coincidentally, Absolute Justice is going back into print at the end of the year. Alex Ross is my favorite comic book artist so the writing would have to be the worst ever for me to not get it--and word is that it's not that, but just OK. I've seen the story being compared to episodes of Super Friends. I'll take it.

Back to Blood Hunt, I don't buy new comics anymore for the most part, but I do like Pepe Larraz. If the reviews are amazing when it's all done then maybe I'll get a collected edition.

And Steve Rogers is still Captain America. Apparently he leads a second team of Avengers against the vampires:

ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:17 PM   #18
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Coincidentally, Absolute Justice is going back into print at the end of the year. Alex Ross is my favorite comic book artist so the writing would have to be the worst ever for me to not get it--and word is that it's not that, but just OK. I've seen the story being compared to episodes of Super Friends. I'll take it.

Back to Blood Hunt, I don't buy new comics anymore for the most part, but I do like Pepe Larraz. If the reviews are amazing when it's all done then maybe I'll get a collected edition.

And Steve Rogers is still Captain America. Apparently he leads a second team of Avengers against the vampires:
Well, i won't upgrade to Absolute Edition from Deluxe Edition with Justice for sure... People who say it is an ok story probably have very low standarts. Justice actually started strong, but then got idiotic, even knowing this i would still get Justice Deluxe Edition because of Alex Ross art anyway, but not the Absolute Edition because i believe it is not worth the price with that writing.

This Blood Hunter, Vampire story is a paralel earth story right ? just like Marvel Zombies ? If it turns out good, i will definetly get the omnibus. There are two Captain Americas around now, huh. Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers. I like that, more the merier.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:36 AM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, i won't upgrade to Absolute Edition from Deluxe Edition with Justice for sure... People who say it is an ok story probably have very low standarts. Justice actually started strong, but then got idiotic, even knowing this i would still get Justice Deluxe Edition because of Alex Ross art anyway, but not the Absolute Edition because i believe it is not worth the price with that writing.

This Blood Hunter, Vampire story is a paralel earth story right ? just like Marvel Zombies ? If it turns out good, i will definetly get the omnibus. There are two Captain Americas around now, huh. Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers. I like that, more the merier.
Actually, I don?t believe it?s a parallel Earth story. Vampires have been part of the 616 Marvel Universe since 1972?s Tomb of Dracula. So my understanding is that this is part of the Marvel Universe proper.