Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #11
Slave1Pilot
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Torment View Post
....it will be interesting to see a true human sculpt from them now (it appears Attakus has refined their art in all ways as can be seen in even the Gammo and Sandtroopers when you compare them to the Stormtrooper for example which I think is hiddeous), in comparison to the other ones like X-Wing Luke and Han and the Emperor

Before you get flamed for bashing the old Attakus Stormtrooper, I will second your opinion, it is a poor sculpt.
Slave1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #12
sith_rising
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'll catch hell for this, but I haven't seen one Attakus that looks worth more than 150.00 bucks. They might be huge, but have boring poses. The Attakus Clone can't compare to the Kotobukiya Bly or Shocktrooper, and don't even get me started on that Attakus Slave Leia in comparison to the Gentle Giant Leia. The Koto Grievous, a quarter the price of the Attakus Grievous, is going to decimate (judging from the pics I've seen so far).

The Attakus Royal Guard seems to be the only Attakus I'd shell out some serious cash for, but the Koto Royal Guard/Senate Guard is going to bury it. The Attakus Jango is superior to the lame Koto Jango, I'll give them that, but Koto's Boba makes up for it. Even Koto's Han, Chewie and Sandtroopers are better than the Attakus.

In fact, they're too big unless you can dedicate an entire room to statues. Gentle Giant and Kotobukiya have the best price/size ratio.

Commence bombardment!
sith_rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:35 PM   #13
Slave1Pilot
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

'nuff said
Slave1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:28 AM   #14
hellboydce
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

yep, the koto grievous looks superb, and probably the only way people on a lesser budget (me) can get some decent statues

Last edited by hellboydce; 10-13-2007 at 02:33 AM. Reason: mistake
hellboydce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #15
hellboydce
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_rising View Post
I'll catch hell for this, but I haven't seen one Attakus that looks worth more than 150.00 bucks. They might be huge, but have boring poses. The Attakus Clone can't compare to the Kotobukiya Bly or Shocktrooper, and don't even get me started on that Attakus Slave Leia in comparison to the Gentle Giant Leia. The Koto Grievous, a quarter the price of the Attakus Grievous, is going to decimate (judging from the pics I've seen so far).

The Attakus Royal Guard seems to be the only Attakus I'd shell out some serious cash for, but the Koto Royal Guard/Senate Guard is going to bury it. The Attakus Jango is superior to the lame Koto Jango, I'll give them that, but Koto's Boba makes up for it. Even Koto's Han, Chewie and Sandtroopers are better than the Attakus.

In fact, they're too big unless you can dedicate an entire room to statues. Gentle Giant and Kotobukiya have the best price/size ratio.

Commence bombardment!
dude, i think you are right
hellboydce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:42 AM   #16
Darth Vader
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_rising View Post
Even Koto's Han, Chewie and Sandtroopers are better than the Attakus.
This makes me my day

Think about seeing these statues in person ...

I agree that koto has a very good price/size ratio, but hasbro too ...

you can't deny attakus statues quality ... I don't think if you want to demonstrate that attakus is this bad, you have to speak about leia or luke because they have been made in 2000 and 2001 and attakus didn't possess the rights of the actors, and they were the very first resin statues of sw in the market ...

In any case if you only want to talk about statues "that look worth more than 150.00 bucks", don't talk about gg or koto please
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #17
ambasah
Red Skull

I own almost every SW statue made by koto,SS,GG & Attakus (still hunting for some of the earlies ones).

I like them all, but there is no way you can compare koto and Attakus. It truly is apples and oranges.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #18
Darth Vader
Birdman

I agree with you
Darth Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #19
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave1Pilot View Post

'nuff said
LOL

Nicely played.
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
sith_rising
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Considering it's 50 bucks, it's still better than that "wet dog" Attakus Chewbacca that's 400 bucks. Someone should have told their sculptors that he doesn't wear product in his fur!
sith_rising is offline   Reply With Quote